The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

The concept of a in season tourney amongst the same league is ridiculous lol

It only makes sense if you allowed European teams in like the Champions League
This is why I can’t wrap my head around it lol

Does someone have a breakdown of how it works? I’m gonna give a try again lol

someone other day in here said “ i could of told you last week jokic was going to sit first game of a b2b to play the following game” sounded confident as hell to

:lol:

FsmGeGwaYAACCmC

thought Book had a different hat on

cc: aepps20 aepps20 RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

Brunson won! I love it when players make the smart decisions for their careers and he made the right choice leaving the Mavs and Luka Ball

It was definitely the right choice, but also the easy choice considering Dallas weren’t willing to pay him his fsir market value.

They could have had him for $50 mil then again for $100 mil and now they may be forced to max out Myrie :rofl:

League had to do something in the regular season. Ratings are way down. Gotta bring in the casuals. Nobody watches games anymore when you can just catch the best plays on social media. Of course the die hards like peeps in here aren’t going to like it.
Meh, ratings are down but the TV deal is getting even bigger. NBA has been on the forefront of trying **** out amongst the major American leagues.

I heard the whole interview.

My read was that he’d prefer to stay in Portland, but he can’t control whether, at some point, the organization decides to blow it up, goes full rebuild and trades him. He doesn’t seem interested in forcing a trade now.

League had to do something in the regular season. Ratings are way down. Gotta bring in the casuals. Nobody watches games anymore when you can just catch the best plays on social media. Of course the die hards like peeps in here aren’t going to like it.

someone had a good idea but doubt players would want it....NBA seasons starts Christmas day, ends late August. playoffs during summer months - the fear is, people are out doing things in summer so they won't be tuning in - especially for the weekend games....just make it so games 6 & 7s never happen on a friday or saturday.....look at finals last year....game 6 on a thursday and game 7 if there was one would have been on sunday.

very surprised they didnt get rid of the one and done.....guess lebron doesnt have that kind of pull after all...

I’ve been negative on the in-season tournament idea since it was first floated, but since it’s actually coming now, I’m going to try and keep an open mind. Maybe the league can win me over with the execution of it.

Never heard of the FA Cup, eh?
That has teams from all other levels of the pyramid though, would have to include G-League and other minor league teams for it to be like it.

The thought of a tournament with Euroleague teams is real interesting to me though 🤔

That would be like pulling the G League and college teams into the tourney tho since the FA Cup is pros and glorified-amateurs :lol: This intra-league comp is dumb.
The W already has a Commissioner’s Cup and it’s just games sprinkled in throughout the first half of the season. The criticism of it really doesn’t make much sense because it literally won’t affect your viewership of it at all :lol:. And it will incentivize players to sit less hopefully if there’s a substantive $ prize. It’s a way that they’re trying to address the sitting problem and it’ll be more money. Don’t really get what people are whining about :lol:

Think it's more so attaching any kind of significance to the results (if this actually happens, it is tbd)

Other than that not mad at the situation, it isn't harming anything or tainting stuff

Back
Top Bottom