The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

I understand where Memphis was coming from a production standpoint but Brooks wasn’t this team’s main problem. They needed Ja and JJJ to outplay AD and Bron and they didn’t do it. Brooks is a glorified role player. If you’re counting on him for anything you’ve already lost. Their coach also made poor adjustments in each game they lost (not saying he should be fired). Brooks deserves the heat he’s getting but this seems really low for an organization to say “under no circumstances”. Just don’t re-sign him and move on. NT level slander is fun when it’s on NT but not so much when others do it.

Ja is 23, Already an all NBA performer, & a legit superstar in a small market What exactly do ya'll want the Grizzly to do :lol:

You get a way longer leash the more talented you are, If it Was Desmond Bane putting up Antics like Brooks his *** would still be resigned :lol:, Brooks ain't no "fall guy" he just not talented enough to continue to support the extras

Dudes be playing naive. Think the Grizz gon put the blame on the best player in their franchise history who played with a injured hand.

Dillon Brooks tired of rebounding for JJJ :lol: :lol:

Jaren Jackson needs to foul less and rebound more. 5-6 RPG? C’mon man. Dude should easily be getting 8-10 rebounds per game. Even Dirk, a finesse player and shooter was averaging 8-9 rebounds in his prime.

Capture.PNG

Lakers guards nowhere near as fast or crafty as kings guards. Steph and Klay and even Jordan will do a better job of staying in front. Fox is lightspeed and monk is a bucket. Reaves just be flailing and flopping. And d.lo sometimey af.

Fam, you’ve been carrying water for Ja and the organization way before a few days ago. It was obvious that Brooks played his last game in Memphis given what Kleiman said the other day — now you’re trying to tell us it’s purely because he wants a bigger role? We supposed to believe you or our lying eyes? This team had a more embarrassing first round exit than the Bucks who got smoked by an 8 seed. Obviously there were going to be changes.

Like, let’s be serious for a second here

I never said it’s purely because he wants a bigger role :lol:. What are you talking about?

Yea, the 2nd youngest team in the league having their first down year after getting better every season is more embarsssing…

After making me ha e to support Bron, CP3, Russ and Ayton, the universe better not let Brooks end up on the Lakers or Suns.

A man can only sacrifice so much.

I Could See Him In LA. I Feel Like The Bron Shenanigans Was Just Like The Girl That Like You Being Mean Cuz She Dont Know How To Tell You :lol:

I never said it’s purely because he wants a bigger role :lol:. What are you talking about?

Yea, the 2nd youngest team in the league having their first down year after getting better every season is more embarsssing…
Fam, they pushed GSW to the brink last year. Came back, best player saying he’s not worried about anyone in the West, gets suspended for going on a bender acting like he’s Tyriq from Power (on top of the other off the court **** that happened), Brooks and his poking the bear act — to lose to a play in team in Game 6 of an embarrassing series L where they quit by the end of the 3rd quarter and were down as much as 30 points — plus they were dancing around like they were up on the series during a Game 5 win where they were down 3-1. That’s far more embarrassing than what went down in Milwaukee. And I’m probably missing more nonsense that occurred.

Like you don’t have to cape this hard, my dude.

They should be back next year and hopefully they learned from a disaster of a year. This is a hard League to win in. Teams and guys with much better resumes don’t act like this. There’s a reason why everyone wanted them to lose this playoffs.

Dillon Brooks tired of rebounding for JJJ :lol: :lol:

Jaren Jackson needs to foul less and rebound more. 5-6 RPG? C’mon man. Dude should easily be getting 8-10 rebounds per game. Even Dirk, a finesse player and shooter was averaging 8-9 rebounds in his prime.
Part of the reason for that is cause he plays with one of the best rebounding bigs + an above average rebounding guard. Not to mention, JJJ does a ton of rim protection which pulls him away from getting the rebounds on the shots he alters. He averaged 8 rebounds in the Lakers series while being the lone rim protection. He needs to get better rebounding but there's a reason for his low numbers in comparison.

Ja/Bane/Jaren needed to be better.

Jenkins needed to be smarter by using Luke more (at least when he was available).

It’s really hard for Ja/Bane/Jaren to be better in a series when the opposition is not guarding one guy at all on defense. Then, when the one guy is open, he feels the need to shoot it knowing his shot is poor.

PJ Tucker just played 36 minutes last night and took zero attempts with no Embiid out there. Yet, Dillon’s IQ is so low on offense that he can’t wrap his mind around finding better ways to help the team on offense. The fact we even had games where he took more shots than the core 3 guys is wild

Memphis isn’t the only team to start a deficient offensive player. We were literally in a series with Vanderbilt :lol: . It’s just other guys are a bit more mindful of their capabilities and doing what’s best for the team.

Brooks averages 14 PPG over a 6 year career and has never shot better than 44 percent from the field, yet has convinced himself he’s a dangerous offensive player. It’s pretty remarkable.

Fam, they pushed GSW to the brink last year. Came back, best player saying he’s not worried about anyone in the West, gets suspended for going on a bender acting like he’s Tyriq from Power (on top of the other off the court **** that happened), Brooks and his poking the bear act — to lose to a play in team in Game 6 of an embarrassing series L where they quit by the end of the 3rd quarter and were down as much as 30 points — plus they were dancing around like they were up on the series during a Game 5 win where they were down 3-1. That’s far more embarrassing than what went down in Milwaukee. And I’m probably missing more nonsense that occurred.

Like you don’t have to cape this hard, my dude.

They should be back next year and hopefully they learned from a disaster of a year. This is a hard League to win in. Teams and guys with much better resumes don’t act like this. There’s a reason why everyone wanted them to lose this playoffs.
Milwaukee had the most embarrassing season than any other team in the league this year IMO, and it's not close. Milwaukee lost in 5 games...at HOME, with the supposed best player in the world, to a play-in 8 seed that was down 10 to the 10 seed Bulls with 3 min left. You can point to the antics but the Bucks expectations were far higher than the Grizzlies and their flameout was way worse. How is this an argument?

Back
Top Bottom