The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

I think you're kind of boxed into your opinion of him. Which is fine. You are entitled to that opinion.

He's clearly trying to simply tread water at times due to running such a tight rotation. No different then pretty much every coach at this stage. It's not always going to be optimal unless you have a perfect roster. Christian Braun went from 12 minutes in GM1 to 7 combined the last 2. That's a change.

I don't know who else this team could even play. The guys that are playing fit the identity of the team and the guys that aren't kinda don't at all lol. I think they would have been in a LOT of trouble with a key injury or two.
I agree with the rotation point but I am not caught up in recency bias when it comes to Mike. I hope this series is a sign of his growth and maturity as a coach but I am in wait and see mode. Some of the points being made about Mike are points made from this one series or this one playoff run where more eyes are on the team when the sample size of Mike as a coach is way larger than this one playoff run. If I am just now watching this team I would think any criticism of Mike as a coach is unwarranted and is just crazy hating.

Do you remember the Paul Millsap Nuggets years where he was clearly not the same player and Mike kept sending him out there game after game? It wasn’t until management let Millsap leave that MPJ started to emerge and get more playing time. He did the same with Gary Harris and Jaymachel Green.

Lakers really about to get swept, didnt see that coming but The Game is The Game
Seriously? On the other hand, the Nuggets are like the Spurs of old. Silently getting there and not realizing they are monsters and once you realized they are a threat, It's too late.

I agree with the rotation point but I am not caught up in recency bias when it comes to Mike. I hope this series is a sign of his growth and maturity as a coach but I am in wait and see mode. Some of the points being made about Mike are points made from this one series or this one playoff run where more eyes are on the team when the sample size of Mike as a coach is way larger than this one playoff run. If I am just now watching this team I would think any criticism of Mike as a coach is unwarranted and is just crazy hating.

Do you remember the Paul Millsap Nuggets years where he was clearly not the same player and Mike kept sending him out there game after game? It wasn’t until management let Millsap leave that MPJ started to emerge and get more playing time. He did the same with Gary Harris and Jaymachel Green.
To be clear, I'm not saying he's an outstanding coach. I do think he's a solid/good coach though to go along with the very good motivator tag.

MPJ is kind of interesting. I don't think he was completely ready yet and it has to be said that he's dealt with an awful lot of physical problems dating way back. They definitely played him with kid gloves but I really believe some of that was organizational. I think he needed some time to develop. Plus, like it or not they were heavily invested in Paul Millsap. There was probably a lot of push and pull there about what to do.

I don't think this team has ever been all that close to being a championship level team before this season. Maybe you feel differently about that. What he's done with all the pieces finally in place goes a long way imo.

By accounts from Nuggets insiders- Porter definitely had some kind of attitude adjustment needed

Jokic himself they said was visibly frustrated with his IQ

Gifting him a role and minutes right off the bat could have enabled him even worse. Plus he was always dealing with injuries

Not gonna ding Malone for that

Crazy to me how many NBA observers still don’t want to accept how good Jokic actually is and act like he’s doing it with smoke and mirrors. Unorthodox as he may be, easily one if my favorite players in the league to watch because of how skilled and smart he is. Seems like anyone who considers themselves a true fan of the game should feel the same way, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

This summer is conspiring to be a lovely one for the NY Knickerbockers :pimp:

For now, lettuce enjoy some good basketball to end the szn.

Back
Top Bottom