The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Beal was also preaching the same “loyalty” message but no one other than the Wiz FO believed it.

The moment he signed, he knew he was out of there in a year or two.

Dame on the other hand was genuine to wanting to win with the franchise, but he’s times up and he needs to admit it.
Both sides were delusional. If the Wizards didn't fire Sheppard and hire Winger, they would've brought back Beal and continued the dreaded cycle of earning the 9th pick every year.

Beal was also preaching the same “loyalty” message but no one other than the Wiz FO believed it.

The moment he signed, he knew he was out of there in a year or two.

Dame on the other hand was genuine to wanting to win with the franchise, but he’s times up and he needs to admit it.
Dame is clearly the better player so that has a lot to do with this comparison

But they won’t even be able to aggregate salaries in a trade either and have no picks :lol:
Correct. So I think they will be deliberate in having specific players in mind, then giving Craig and Landale that specific amount in hopes to make a trade down the line. :lol:

The new trade restrictions (110%) will make it even harder for them to even make a one for one trade.

The nerve of this guy. He pretends to care about loyalty and a year into the club handing him a quarter of a billion dollars, he decides to dip and not only that, he makes sure the club gets nothing in return other than a salary dumb.

His message shouldn't be "thank you" it should be "my bad"
Nah man this is goofy.

The nerve of this guy. He pretends to care about loyalty and a year into the club handing him a quarter of a billion dollars, he decides to dip and not only that, he makes sure the club gets nothing in return other than a salary dumb.

His message shouldn't be "thank you" it should be "my bad"

nobody forced them to give Brand Beal a NTC, Steph Curry couldn't even get one.

The only person you should be mad at is Ted Leonsis.

1687805079059.png

1687805180986.png
Beal Parmesan gonna cook.

Beal put in over a decade for the organization and absolutely could’ve dipped out in free agency or forced their hand to get him out MUCH sooner.

He actually liked the city and organization though, and THEY were the ones willing to give him everything financially. Literally the only player in the league with a NTC :lol:

Old regime probably would’ve just kept things status quo with him and kept finishing in the 8-12 range. New regime was willing to start everything over. They still ended up getting a 20+ PPG scorer for him that makes half the money and is 6 years younger.

I prefer Beal's approach over Dame's approach personally.

This specific trade/return only happens with a NTC. Beal literally got to control his destiny which Dame can't...and might be why the whole thing is being held up. If Dame goes to the FO and says I want to go Miami the logical response should be "Aight...well find a third team then" because there isn't enough meat there to a two-team trade IMO.

I think Dame knows this and that if he asks for a trade he is either going to essentially be asking them to send him to Miami for a less than favorable package or he could potentially be traded somewhere he doesn't want to go because they offer the best package. Either way he is out but in the former scenario he screws Portland over.

Beal put in over a decade for the organization and absolutely could’ve dipped out in free agency or forced their hand to get him out MUCH sooner.

He actually liked the city and organization though, and THEY were the ones willing to give him everything financially. Literally the only player in the league with a NTC :lol:

Old regime probably would’ve just kept things status quo with him and kept finishing in the 8-12 range. New regime was willing to start everything over. They still ended up getting a 20+ PPG scorer for him that makes half the money and is 6 years younger.

But let THEM tell it :smh: Folks don't realize that the asset in trade for Washington was coming off that Bradley Beal contract :lol:

This specific trade/return only happens with a NTC. Beal literally got to control his destiny which Dame can't...and might be why the whole thing is being held up. If Dame goes to the FO and says I want to go Miami the logical response should be "Aight...well find a third team then" because there isn't enough meat there to a two-team trade IMO.

I think Dame knows this and that if he asks for a trade he is either going to essentially be asking them to send him to Miami for a less than favorable package or he could potentially be traded somewhere he doesn't want to go because they offer the best package. Either way he is out but in the former scenario he screws Portland over.
Tbh Dame is gonna get to control his destiny too. 33 years old PG on a huge contract when majority of the league already either has a PG they like and don’t want the contract, or are rebuilding and don’t want someone of that age.

I think we’re just going to end up seeing that the packages for these types of guys aren’t going to be substantial. Goober trade is an anomaly.

Ted Leonsis took a lot of criticism staying the course with Alex Ovechkin and the Capitals in hockey, and it worked out in the end.

I think Ted Leonsis thought Brand Beal was an Alex Ovechkin level talent,

and he thought it would all work out like it did with Ovi. Very dumb.

Nah man. This is sports. There is only so much that nepotism that can do.
I mean obviously he’s earned everything he’s done but acting like he’s this massive underdog story has always been nasty when he’s literally had every advantage you could imagine to get to this point. That’s pretty undeniable on top of him being one of the most special talents to play the sport. Both of these things can be true.

Back
Top Bottom