The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

The fake Dunkin’ sponsorship was a low blow but to be expected.

When dude was in shape he was a little big dawg out there.

Man loved the squad so much he came back twice.

HBD king.

I thought Grant Williams would've made sense in Utah (Danny Ainge connection), but he's probably too similar to Taylor Hendricks as a 3 and D forward. Collins gives them an athletic forward.

Kuz gonna be a Kang

1687802355864.png

But I don’t even think it’s just about struggling. He literally grew up in a NBA locker room :lol:. I praise him for taking advantage of what he had, and there are certainly plenty of dudes who didn’t or don’t have his ability. But he’s not this underdog story man. There’s a reason why the league is trending towards more and more kids from former players and/or more privileged backgrounds as this business grows bigger and bigger.

Interesting take. Is it the league trending towards that move or the overall black middle class improving over the last 30 years? Honest question. I remember there being a big article in SI years ago about the illegitimate kids dudes were fathering and whatnot. Now we got active dads out here so I’m not mad at all. Growing up in that environment is definitely a plus but you still gotta work. Glen rice III grew up in a locker room too. Still gotta stay disciplined and want it on your own.

If bronny becomes a 10x all star, I’ll pat him on the back too cause the easiest thing he could have ever done is just be a regular dude

Utah could get FVV.

Jerami Grant gonna be available for someone too if Dame is gonna get moved.

Interesting take. Is it the league trending towards that move or the overall black middle class improving over the last 30 years? Honest question. I remember there being a big article in SI years ago about the illegitimate kids dudes were fathering and whatnot. Now we got active dads out here so I’m not mad at all. Growing up in that environment is definitely a plus but you still gotta work. Glen rice III grew up in a locker room too. Still gotta stay disciplined and want it on your own.

If bronny becomes a 10x all star, I’ll pat him on the back too cause the easiest thing he could have ever done is just be a regular dude
I’m not sure what the numbers say, but I’d guess both things are contributing though. Youth sports are becoming more and more expensive, but guys at the top aren’t paying a dime anyways. But with the professionalization of youth sports, having access to all of the private trainings/coaches, etc is definitely going to favor people from a higher socioeconomic class too.

I definitely don’t take anything away from what Steph accomplished. But if Bronny has an underdog documentary coming out in 15 years because he was a late first round pick then I’ll definitely be eye rolling that too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom