The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

cropped-Jamal-Crawford-comes-to-Russell-Westbrook-s-defense-after-vampire-quote-removebg-preview.png

GS (fans, players, organization) essentially said that Poole was the reason they were not up to par last year so with him gone nothing should stand in their way for another championship. #NOEXCUSES

If age wasn’t a thing or if they replaced him with a player of caliber from the 2021-2022 season then I would agree. But barring leaps from Moody and Kuminga and/or their rook showing out, they are a lesser version of that squad to me. A squad that many people said only won the title because of injuries to other teams.

Shaping up to be a good season no matter what though. I hope all teams can start the regular season at full strength (Memphis won’t but be but they have future AS Desmond Bane :smokin )

Damn AR got less than Strus

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
This is the deal I just think is a bit much. I can somewhat see it if Strus shoots from 3 like he did a couple years ago. That 41% number is sandwiched in between 34% and 35%. And a 33% career playoff mark.

He really kind of regressed everywhere this year. Defense metrics went backwards again. Seems like a deal he would have maybe gotten after the 21-22 season and still got it anyway.

Yapping after the fact? I’m confused. Didn’t we see footage of Poole getting punched right in his mouth? And no one taking his side.
When were the interviews about Poole from the current team when he was still there? I didn’t see any but do you know of any? If those interview’s don’t exist then I take issue with the public talking now that he’s gone when they were silent before. We can infer what them not taking his side after the punch meant but I’m not a fan of taking the low road publicly with interviews when a person is gone.

Houston making sure they are are 11th seed year in year out.
I don't agree with what they're doing at all. I'm sure it's all mandated from ownership, but doing all this just to either barely make the play-ins or miss out all together is frustrating. I hope it doesn't stunt the growth of the youth.

I don't agree with what they're doing at all. I'm sure it's all mandated from ownership, but doing all this just to either barely make the play-ins or miss out all together is frustrating. I hope it doesn't stunt the growth of the youth.
You'd rather have another struggle season in a weak draft where you don't own your pick?

You'd rather have another struggle season in a weak draft where you don't own your pick?
Yeah OKC has a lot of control over Houston's own 1st rounders the next 3-4 years. Houston's management isn't patient anyway, so it's not surprising. They could have tanked the **** out of next year and played the odds they'd be top 4 anyway(top 4 protected) and they would have kept the pick for 24'.

It's just a game of development and bringing in very legit vets who need 35 minutes per game. It could bite them in the long run. You'd almost maybe rather culture guys who don't need that kind of playing time so the kids get plenty of reps. We'll see how it goes for them.

When were the interviews about Poole from the current team when he was still there? I didn’t see any but do you know of any? If those interview’s don’t exist then I take issue with the public talking now that he’s gone when they were silent before. We can infer what them not taking his side after the punch meant but I’m not a fan of taking the low road publicly with interviews when a person is gone.

Draymond did a WHOLE podcast right after leveling him.

I’ll play though. Show me the interviews you’re referring to with direct quotes and not “sources say yadda yadda.”

The Dubs PR slander bus tour over the fugazi splash bro's body post-trade:

giphy.webp

Been sounding like everyone from coaching, teammates and even the FO grew tired of his *** last season :lol:, that's not coincidental

What happens if GS doesn’t get a championship next year? Who will get the blame? They are on the #NOEXCUSES list.
Kuminga/Moody/whoever they drafted recently getting the blame next…They been setting that up, especially with Kuminga

They making Poole seem like yo was a menace on that squad that a “vet” team couldn’t handle :lol: :smh: ….Funny when they don’t win again next season while Poole enjoying chucking in DC with no issues

Last edited:
How is Golden State on the #NoExcuses List? Folks have been saying that GSW is done if they bring Dray back since the CP3 trade and they doubled down it last night after the 4-year deal was done.

They got older and swapped Poole for CP3 after losing in the Semis last year. I am not seeing it
They been running around all offseason screaming Poole was the issue so technically they should get back right without him….It’s really just deflecting blame and not trying to make any of their guys other than Steph look bad

We’ll see if JP being gone can unwash Dray and Klay…I don’t like when ppl try to deflect blame when they know they was part of some mess and it’s obvious

Klay Thompson’s ‘issues’ with former Warriors’ teammate revealed​

During a June 30 episode of The Bill Simmons Podcast, The Ringer’s Logan Murdoch revealed that even the laid-back Klay Thompson had grown frustrated with Poole throughout the season.

“All the established guys had some version of a problem with Jordan Poole, whether it was Klay [Thompson] ironically saying that Jordan doesn’t pass the ball enough and shoots too much,” Murdoch said. “And then you have Draymond [Green], who sees Jordan as this guy is like, yeah, I did punch him. I did do all these things, but now I don’t have a voice within the locker room because of what happened.”

klay has always hated poole's guts. you blind if you couldnt see that. it wasnt just this season.

Back
Top Bottom