The Official NBA Season Thread: Happy Birthday WASHED KING

Reggie Bullock is another under 40/30/60 guy. I would stop passing him the ball, maybe Coach should play him less. Id even recommend cutting his hair

Kinda don't blame the Mavs for the Brunson situation. IIRC, he was un-playable in the 2021 playoffs, so they took a cautious approach during the season. By the time Brunson took off during the season, he wasn't accepting the extension offer. And the Knicks had everything to entice him to leave.

I suppose the real crime was Brunson's rookie contract allowing him to be an unrestricted free agent.

Dallas never really got a big time free agent either

Luka's time there will start ticking, but I think they have the assets to pull off a trade to get him more talent.

Kinda don't blame the Mavs for the Brunson situation. IIRC, he was un-playable in the 2021 playoffs, so they took a cautious approach during the season. By the time Brunson took off during the season, he wasn't accepting the extension offer. And the Knicks had everything to entice him to leave.

I suppose the real crime was Brunson's rookie contract allowing him to be an unrestricted free agent.

I’m not buying this from you P because I know how hard you are on your Front Office. :lol:

If the Lakers pulled this move you’d be outside Staples protesting - rightfully, I must add :lol:

I’m not buying this from you P because I know how hard you are on your Front Office. :lol:

If the Lakers pulled this move you’d be outside Staples protesting - rightfully, I must add :lol:
Like I said, the real crime was him being an unrestricted free agent after his rookie contract. Their only hail mary was Brunson accepting the contract extension in December because by January he took off and he knew was gonna get at least $20M more (and it ended up being $50M more).

Eh. It was his first Playoff and Carlisle never really had full faith in Brunson + was always trying to find time for all of their guards. He still shot 45/46/77 against a really good Clipper team. Way too big a deal was made of that series

Ever since his rookie year anytime he got a chance during the season he would usually pop. That's what made it easy for me to see the vision and him becoming a fan favorite

No reason for the Mavs to be that cautious fully knowing they had no other dribblers, they couldn't even offer 55 million :smh: :lol:

E328346B-98B2-402A-ACE7-A7A2D16250E1.jpeg

Dallas never really got a big time free agent either

Luka's time there will start ticking, but I think they have the assets to pull off a trade to get him more talent.

As I previously mentioned, he is currently signed to be a Maverick through 2026-2027 with no player options. Not sure he is going anywhere anytime soon. They will have to make a trade.

As I previously mentioned, he is currently signed to be a Maverick through 2026-2027 with no player options. Not sure he is going anywhere anytime soon. They will have to make a trade.

He can always request a trade if things still dont work out down the line.

The trade they make doesnt necessarily have to be for some big time star either, dude is that good. He can probably will this team to the 2nd round.

He can always request a trade if things still dont work out down the line.

The trade they make doesnt necessarily have to be for some big time star either, dude is that good. He can probably will this team to the 2nd round.
They can make a move for a Middleton or Holiday kinda guy and be fine.

Just need a consistently reliable second scorer/creator.

Everything else kinda falls into place after that.

Especially if what Jaden Hardy is doing in the G-League shooting the basketball is real.

They can make a move for a Middleton or Holiday kinda guy and be fine.

Just need a consistently reliable second scorer/creator.

Everything else kinda falls into place after that.

Especially if what Jaden Hardy is doing in the G-League shooting the basketball is real.
Dawg, is it easy to find those types of players though. Would be perfect for Luka

Easier said than done

Dawg, is it easy to find those types of players though. Would be perfect for Luka

Easier said than done
There’s teams out there with a lot more trade firepower than Dallas too.

I really don’t know what they can do that will make a significant difference.

Easier said than done
Is it easy to find a second-tier star that you can overpay for via trade? Maybe not easy, but it's doable. You just have to have all your picks to do it.
There’s teams out there with a lot more trade firepower than Dallas too.

I really don’t know what they can do that will make a significant difference.
This year? Probably not. This is a throwaway year, unfortunately.

Once they get through this next draft and have their full array of picks to deal, they'll overpay in draft capital for someone.

They're still suffering from stringing along the end of Dirk's career and floating at the back of the playoffs for so many years after the title. And Luka was too good too soon for them to draft another guy around him.

As much as it sucks, these next two offseasons probably need to be about not spending a ton of money, getting your cap sheet cleaned up with Tim and Bertans, and then pushing your chips in in '24/25ish.

Back
Top Bottom