The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I am going with the Celtics winning the chip… they just have too many weapons… mavs got kyrie/luka and not much else… When minnesota beat denver the champs it was like ya they are going to the chip and beat the mavs easily… yet here we are with the mavs in the finals… so just because you win a certain matchup doesn't mean you are the favorite in the following round...you can say the Celtics haven’t beaten anyone special and while that’s true that’s not their fault either…hopefully im wrong though and the mavs win the series…

Two teams built very differently. Boston doesn't need Tatum to be the best player or go off to win as they've built enough depth and will use that as their advantage while the Mavs have the best player in the series and their dou is stronger than Bostons, but they need to average 30pts each to win.

Let me get this straight, JJ can’t be announced in respect to the calling the nba finals obligation. I mean he could be, but they don’t want to overshadow the finals.
So the lakers in order to save face, and let the world know Bron/Klutch is not running the front office and already hired JJ, throw Hurley’s name in the mix for the next two weeks or so. So, in turn Hurley will use this has leverage to negotiate a new deal with UCONN. Along with Windhorst going to every podcast possible, spreading vicious rumours that Bron doesn’t hire coaches.

Got it.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, JJ can’t be announced in respect to the calling the nba finals obligation. I mean he could be, but they don’t want to overshadow the finals.
So the lakers in order to save face, and let the world know Bron/Klutch is not running the front office and already hired JJ, throw Hurley’s name in the mix for the next two weeks or so. So, in turn Hurley will use this has leverage to negotiate a new deal with UCONN. Along with Windhorst going to every podcast possible, spreading vicious rumours that Bron doesn’t hire coaches.

Got it.
Could be the case. I cant imagine Hurley actually leaving back to back chips to coach the Lakers at all. Same thing with ESPN reporting Bronny going 54th in the mock drafts when LA has the 55th pick. Im not hating, but its just an insult to our intelligence.

That Brown to outscore Cryrie for the series prop is a good one. Probably gonna have to put that in.

"Lakers want to build a long-term program of player development and system."

Yeah, right. We out here smoke screening on NBA Finals day. :lol: :smh:
Org let seven days of dead time pass by to have this leak on the eve of the Finals. :lol:

I hope Diddy is at the finals

1717689958472.png

That Mass !!!!

Neither team has excuses

On paper Boston clearly has the matchup advantages on both ends

Particularly that Boston’s bigs can shoot

Defensively they have the personnel to defend Irving and as good as any team for Luka

They have the personnel to make Luka work on defense too
I personally think the no excuses **** is stupid. Boston is the better team, has been the better team all year. They should win this series. Mavs playing with house money right now. Nobody had them coming out of the West

with the hurley rumor going to the lakers it can definitely happen... didnt donovan leave the gators after winning back to back chips? he didnt leave the year after but he left later on...if the money is right these coaches will leave college ball and join the nba even if they have a good thing going...obviously theres a few exceptions like coach k who didn't want to leave duke

Got it.
This is a Bill Simmons level conspiracy :lol:

I personally think the no excuses **** is stupid. Boston is the better team, has been the better team all year. They should win this series. Mavs playing with house money right now. Nobody had them coming out of the West
Don’t do this to us this has been our theme in here all year!

Got it.
:rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom