The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

I get the Hurley hire if you want to build something long term and stick with something for longer than a couple seasons. I don't know if he's an NBA coach, though.

I'm also watching Half Past Dead at 9 in the morning, so maybe my opinions are invalid.

Mavs in 7. Open for business
IMG_8974.gif

JJ will probably be on Hurleys staff. I think the Lakers realized the bad optics of hiring JJ and drafting Bronny. To some fans those were looking like non competitive and lebron appeasing moves. They still are, but at least this looks like they are trying to win something.

Ya like those purple mountain jazz unis?
I remember folks use to clown on them calling them Barney :lol:
I guess if it is old, it is considered cool

What’s his act though? Holding dudes accountable and having great schemes? Players all seem to love him.
Laid back demeanors like Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan (Hoiberg withstanding) have had more success than the over the top demeanors like Calipari, Pitino, Carlesimo. That's why they stay in college. Hurley definitley is more like the latter.

I am going with the Celtics winning the chip… they just have too many weapons… mavs got kyrie/luka and not much else… When minnesota beat denver the champs it was like ya they are going to the chip and beat the mavs easily… yet here we are with the mavs in the finals… so just because you win a certain matchup doesn't mean you are the favorite in the following round...you can say the Celtics haven’t beaten anyone special and while that’s true that’s not their fault either…hopefully im wrong though and the mavs win the series…

Really like the Andraya chick on First Take. Thought she was great covering the Women’s NCAA Tourney. Good on this too.

Back
Top Bottom