The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

and build w Cam Thomas
Gran Torino Clint Eastwood GIF - Gran Torino Clint Eastwood Disgusted -  Discover & Share GIFs

Am I reading this right? Luka and Giannis are comparable ISO defenders?

luka has given up more points per 100 possesions

but you'd have to factor the mavs
are hiding Luka on the worst defender, and doing everthing possible to keep him out of the action.

so giving up slightly more points while defending the worst offensive player on the other team
is not quite apples to apples comparison to Gannis guarding everyone.

luka has given up more points per 100 possesions

but you'd have to factor the mavs
are hiding Luka on the worst defender, and doing everthing possible to keep him out of the action.

so giving up slightly more points while defending the worst offensive player on the other team
is not quite apples to apples comparison to Gannis guarding everyone.

Is there a way to see the % of time a player spent defending x player? Because I just saw Giannis guarding Austin Reaves the other night against the Lakers. Then he spent most of the night on DFS and Kleber vs dallas.

The other thing is switch guys like Kevon Looney types who are great at switching.
only are valuable if you have 4 other good to great defenders.

no way the Jazz defense would have been better with a Kevon Looney.

you would just go at the other 4 guys

Celtics outrebounded the warriors in the finals and still lost. Horford is Steph’s son so he wouldn’t have mattered.

Dubs got tatum in jail. Bigs or no bigs
Point is Horford and Timelord give them a fighting chance.

You dam well know ain't no team winning a chip with Blake Griffin at center lol

No Bigs = Zero success

You think Lakers win the chip in 2020 without Javale, Dwight, Kieff giving ample support to AD? Why you think Lakers looking to trade for a big now

Is there a way to see the % of time a player spent defending x player? Because I just saw Giannis guarding Austin Reaves the other night against the Lakers. Then he spent most of the night on DFS and Kleber vs dallas.

gannis is a better help defender than on ball guy,
so yah maybe you put him on the worst guy so he can help more.

but it's not like you hiding him or totally contorting your scheme to make sure he's not involved like Luka.

Reactions: HIM
This is like when the playoffs roll around, someone goes off on the Bucks and everyone screams why Giannis doesn't guard him. He and Lopez are the last lines of defense.

Reactions: HIM
All promise, no delivery?

Yessir.

Regular season heroics followed by playoffs flame out...Obviously way too early to say.

Hopefully not though... I like the squad and they have a higher ceiling then any recent Phoenix team.

Anybody think the Suns will try and flagrant Zion today for the last second dunk??

Gonna take 3 ****** to move him off his spot :lol:

No Bigs = Zero success

dubs just won a ring with their biggest players being 6’8 and 6’9 and no real centers behind Loon. then concept of the traditional “big” is not as useful in this era

rim protection is great but in the playoffs teams need 4/5s that can switch. Loon, OPJ and even Belly played extremely well when switched onto Tatum

Anybody think the Suns will try and flagrant Zion today for the last second dunk??

Gonna take 3 ****** to move him off his spot :lol:

They the softest team in the league. Them boys are doing nothing. Got lucky one year. Will never play in June again.

Back
Top Bottom