The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

If Knicks keep Randle and are able to trade for some size they are my faves in the east tbh
Denver got worse
Minnesota got a little better (draft)
Clips got worse
Dallas stayed flat
Lakers got better (draft)
Warriors got better (Klay sucks)

If Lauri is really going to be traded I’d offer Austin Reaves and 2 unprotected firsts.
IMG_0028.jpeg

Damn gonna miss IHart. Dude really grew on me while he was here in NYC. Perfect fit for the Thunder and a hell of a locker room guy.

They gave Hartenstein a 2-year deal so they didn't have to pay anyone when those extensions came due. :lol:

"Hey come play here for two years and we'll ship your *** out for Year 3"

I don’t think Lauri is getting moved unless Ainge steps down. He’s not trading him for anything less than a PG/Gobert package.

Hoop collective this morning implied Lauri will be traded and to look out for the spurs.

To me it makes sense, because being the worst team in the west will help you get Flagg. U trade Lauri to San Antonio, you’re only really competing with Portland for worst in the west.

If you trade Lauri to Warriors for Kuminga and all their unprotected picks, you eliminate the Warriors as potential Flagg competition in the west too.

Blame CJ and Grant
Is it really their fault though?

I can't remember but did the new CBA change Bird rights?

Hark as two years of service with the Knicks so they don't have his full Bird rights. If they had signed him for a three year contract, they would be gravy right now

Genuine question because I really don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Btw you guys laugh at my offer but 2 unprotected laker picks in the post Lebron era is gold and Austin reaves probably has the best non rookie contract in the league. You could easily pull 2 unprotected firsts for reaves in the trade market.

I don’t think Lauri is getting moved unless Ainge steps down. He’s not trading him for anything less than a PG/Gobert package.
He kinda doesn't have a choice. This is the last year of his contract and he doesn't fit their timeline. Probably will walk in free agency

these new rules making it impossible to retain quality role players hitting into free agency. there is just too much money being offered to them

Spurs a play-in team right now with the addition of CP3
you don't want to be in the play-in. just develop wemby (on minutes restriction), go 20-62, and the league will hand them Cooper Flagg.
if CP is playing well, you ship him to a contender where he can be a final piece of a title hunt and get some picks in return
that's how i would manage this upcoming season

Back
Top Bottom