The Official NBA Season Thread: Germany, Serbia, France, USA All Advance

Huh? Gobert been dominant defensively. And that roster construction is probably the main reason they have the best defense in the League and are 7-2.

"The Wolves have the No. 1 ranked defense in the league, and Gobert has been at the center of it. After averaging just 1.4 blocks per game last season, his lowest since his rookie year in 2013-14, Gobert came into the Pelicans game averaging 2.2. The Wolves have a 111.7 offensive rating with him on the court and a 98.9 defensive rating (his D-rating was 110.3 last season).

He has stifled some of the very best players in the league, including Nikola Jokic (1 of 7 when guarded by Gobert last week), Kristaps Porziņģis (2 of 6), Tyler Herro (0 of 4), Jamal Murray (0 of 3) and Jayson Tatum (0 of 2), per league stats."
His defensive on off numbers are not good this year even worse than last year

And much worse than his utah days

But yeah they have a great showing overall defensively because they have great defenders around him, two of which could be all defensive caliber

Need a wing scorer. Don’t know how or where they get one from. Running action for Klay in 2023 alongside 2 non scoring bigs ain’t it. But they won’t blow it up
No wing help is coming, so they gotta swing for lesser moves like Bones or something n see what happens…The cold hard truth in the bay is nothing is really gon save or help them this season

Crazy how they went from “light years” to rolling out Dray/Klay/CP3/Saric as core players in 23-24, shoulda seen this coming :lol: :smh:

Too many yambs at the food hall for this statement
food hall...
I'M A Man GIF - Im A Man Mike Gundy Oklahoma State ...

wait, you didn’t have fun in Houston? :lol:

That’s almost impossible. You stumble into yams or good food. For the low.

hit that taco truck on W. Alabama st. $1 tacos. Be hitting
i was fed nothing but gringos, ojos locos and garbage bbq

HIM HIM

We don’t hate luka. We don’t think luka sucks. We just want him accountable and get back to the luka we knew

Just feel like Kidd is in a no-win situation. People were calling for his head 12 minutes into the season because they didn’t like the offense. The offense is clicking, Luka is playing a totally different style of ball, but he still gets no love. As soon as they hit a rough patch, it’ll be his fault again.

Problem with the Warriors is I think, they wouldn't mind going all-in with this group but the new CBA got them spooked.

The Poole-Paul trade had as much to do with the financials as it was about running the second unit while Steph rests.

Problem with the Warriors is I think, they wouldn't mind going all-in with this group but the new CBA got them spooked.

The Poole-Paul trade had as much to do with the financials as it was about running the second unit while Steph rests.

I was gonna make some diabolical trade scenarios for the Clippers to get klay but I didn’t realize Klay was making 43 mil 🤣🤣

Just feel like Kidd is in a no-win situation. People were calling for his head 12 minutes into the season because they didn’t like the offense. The offense is clicking, Luka is playing a totally different style of ball, but he still gets no love. As soon as they hit a rough patch, it’ll be his fault again.
Eh, it could be but at the same time none of the Dallas base here are gonna absolve luka just because he’s luka

He’s firmly in the needs to make the playoffs and also make a competitive run group. Been saying that coming into the season while everyone else tried to give that man excuses

Reactions: HIM

But yeah they have a great showing overall defensively because they have great defenders around him, two of which could be all defensive caliber

Or you could just admit, one of the best defenders in basketball during the regular season, is doing what he’s always done. Defend well in the regular season and help his team win games and get to the playoffs.

Which should be praised. And really easy to see.

651akathepaul 651akathepaul said it perfectly. Just give credit where it’s due. Dude is a great defender with good defenders and good coaching around him.

Nothing really more to see there at this point Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat . Just give yo his props. Team basketball at his finest.

Not “ant miraculously leading an ill fitting cast”….or whatever words you said

No wing help is coming, so they gotta swing for lesser moves like Bones or something n see what happens…The cold hard truth in the bay is nothing is really gon save or help them this season

Crazy how they went from “light years” to rolling out Dray/Klay/CP3/Saric as core players in 23-24, shoulda seen this coming :lol: :smh:
You see exactly why Meyers left :lol:

That Kings series showed some alarming trends & the Lakers series confirmed that some difficult conversations needed to be held.

I dont know the numbers but I honestly don't know what on off numbers means, but....

really easy to see.

He's getting recognized by opponents, his impact is highlighted on a nighly basis by the broadcasts and like wavycrocket wavycrocket said, it's really easy to see when you watch their games. How many times you see guys get the ball to the paint and they're redirected with no shot attempt? It's not just guards backing out either. Being the #1 defense in the League takes more than just Rudy or just great wing defenders...it's obviously collective and Gobert is a massive part of it.

I know Rudy gets goofed on and I never defended the trade, Rudy or any of that (other than to explain the teams rationale and my optimism)...I just watch every game and root my team on. Your input was kinda surprising only because its extremely evident how well he's playing defensively. But either way...we'll see how it plays out and revisit later.

So hes not any part of why they the number 1 defense? Its people around him except him? Maybe those guys are playing great defense (more aggressive) knowing they have Rudy behind them in case? Maybe its just me. :lol:

OG

Grant and Tobias are kind of redundant
I don’t see any world in which Masai trades with Morey :lol:

Sixers don’t have anything worthwhile (that they’d willingly trade) other than picks and he’s already been seemingly offered better ones for OG.

Eh, it could be but at the same time none of the Dallas base here are gonna absolve luka just because he’s luka

He’s firmly in the needs to make the playoffs and also make a competitive run group. Been saying that coming into the season while everyone else tried to give that man excuses

I knew I shiuld have edited my post. The “he” in my post was in reference to Kidd. Luka is just getting the typical superstar hate. I know I’m Kidd’s biggest fan, but I feel like if he were one of the other beloved coach’s he’d be getting love for this great start. Nurse is getting love for winning with the reigning MVP :lol: But with Kidd it’s “he has luka, he’s supposed to win.”

I just want my guy Kidd to get sone credit for the noticeable difference in Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom