The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Like what? Moving off JJJ for some other pieces
Not 100% sure if he's thinking small or big trade. Ja, Bane, Trip are untouchable.

I'm thinking he wants a deal for someone like Kuzma or Beasley, which I would welcome. Just depends on the price. I would much rather have Beasley because of his shooting ability.

Then, you have guys like OG, Siakam, etc., who would require at least 3-4+ FRP's, Danny Green's expiring and whoever the team wanted between Tyus, BC, Ziaire, Santi, Roddy, LaRavia, Chandler. Ideally, keeping your starters intact and adding to that.

Honestly, not sure how the team would respond to a midseason trade if it included some key pieces (Tyus, BC, etc.). But, I can see a bigger move being made in the offseason that would include Tyus to free up time for Kennedy Chandler.

Old heads chiming in about the modern day offense topic we were having earlier today :lol:

You would be banned today if you instituted a "[Insert Superstar's Last Name] Rules" in 2023

Zach Lowe is enamored with the Grizz making a big trade.

I just don't know if its happening with how the FO operates. Maybe they shock the world, though.

Y’all got to play this out for this season and probably another one before we get to that point.

The Grizz best 3 players haven’t even peaked yet or played enough games together to be making big conclusions yet.

Zach Lowe is enamored with the Grizz making a big trade.

I just don't know if its happening with how the FO operates. Maybe they shock the world, though.

Y’all got to play this out for this season and probably another one before we get to that point.

The Grizz best 3 players haven’t even peaked yet or played enough games together to be making big conclusions yet.
But with the huge payday starting for Ja this summer, and Bane next summer, it would be understandable for them to go for it. This is their window to have add a high salary player before their own guys start getting paid.

Agreed on both points. I'm more incline to make a big move now or at the latest offseason. Longevity is never promised, no matter how young your best players are.

When your superstar player is at high risk every single night due to play style, I don't want to automatically bank on us having a 6-7 year window :lol: .

Plus, our halfcourt offense is still struggling and could be due to Bane being missing. But, we really don't know at this point. I'm not against adding the impact player that makes us more of a clear favorite to not only make the Finals, but win.

:smokin:nerd:

Deuce, Grimes & MitchRob 🙏 That number fitna go up further soon too [defense].
Offense, outside of baaad shooting spells, has not been the problem. That wanted everyone to play? So early in the szn they ran 10-11 every night. Didn’t work. Defense wasn’t in sync; and it was only magnified by the new teammates learning how to play with each other on both ends + RJ’s sznal early szn woes.

Idk what more you could expect with a group led by Julius Randle. Needed a real point guard so they did that. Also have a very good supporting cast that are very young & learning how to play.

Most losses since the rotation change have been close or heartbreaking in the closing moments. And a couple needed superhero performances to get it to OT.
And Julius Randle is playing the best ball of his life. Color me impressed. Get that man an All NBA selection & a sweet return in a trade!

Old heads chiming in about the modern day offense topic we were having earlier today :lol:

You would be banned today if you instituted a "[Insert Superstar's Last Name] Rules" in 2023

yah im sure it would be easier to play defense if you could club the **** out of people like the Bad Boy pistons.

alas today is no that day.

I'd make a trade. Sitting on your hands wont get you anywhere. We see how fast player movement is in todays NBA.

Playing armchair GM....

Siakam for JJJ + Dillon Brooks/picks
Dillon Brooks plus fillers for Kuzma

People hate on Dillon Brooks.

but given how unpredictable and variable the market is for 3 and D players,
DB is more than worth it, even with all the shot jacking

Drove around a bunch today so got to listen to a couple hours worth of pods…

Common topic was the recent high scoring. Combination of more skilled players in the league than ever before along with a mastery of spacing.

JVG on Russillo’s pod said that he thinks they should do away with corner 3s and only shots above the break should count as 3. You’d no longer be able to stash guys in the corner and have it be the same threat. Which would in turn potentially eliminate some of the heliocentric Luka/Prime Harden stuff.

Thought it was kinda interesting :lol:

Y’all can’t be y’all big ages and still blaming commissioners for the doing the bidding of the people they work for.

I never went at Silver or Goodell. 👁️ see the vision. What I've found most interesting (especially after talking to nelson999 nelson999 about the games they select for national TV) is that NBA League Pass subscriptions are up like 60% this season :wow: I guess a lot more folks are willing to pay to see out of market teams. But pretty much Silver is going to do what he has to do over the next couple seasons to increase the pricepoint for that rumored $75B media deal in 2025.

As long as It doesn't get too crazy, I can't complain. Like midseason tournament - official details aren't out yet so as of now I don't see the point but it's harmless.

I don't know the exact answer at the moment but right now he NEEDS to do something about these refs. More egregious than other problem with the league right now.

never imagined isiah being a bitter old man but judging by the way hes held a grudge toward mj still, not surprised.

Back
Top Bottom