The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

JVG on Russillo’s pod said that he thinks they should do away with corner 3s and only shots above the break should count as 3. You’d no longer be able to stash guys in the corner and have it be the same threat. Which would in turn potentially eliminate some of the heliocentric Luka/Prime Harden stuff.

The funniest take is to put a quota on three point attempts per game. :lol:

Definitely interesting but I'm sorry, these are both absolutely ridiculous :rofl:Then I wonder if college and HS would adopt this too. The high scoring and # of 3PAs isn't THAT bad. Got people proposing Vivek "Cherrypicking" Level ideas :smh::lol:

everyone gets they're stats in regular season to get paid but once playoffs roll around and actual basketball resumes its evident who is about it and who is just trying to get paid. its been this way for a few seasons now but this season it really seems to be getting out of hand.

also how do u all feel about the replays? im not a fan thus far. every close game gets slowed down, momentum killed, and down the stretch a lot of time challenges get used on plays that aren't even that questionable they just want to use it before it goes to waste.

Changing the rules to stop heliocentricsm

when only like one player in the league actually has the skills to pull it off seems insane to me

It’s easy to fix the league. But the reality is that it’s just fine and it’s a global game. nothing wrong with the nba right now. There is parity and lots of talent. It’s never going to compete with the NFL in the US. It measures itself globally though.

The fixes

fix 1:
-Allows refs a lot more leeway to make non calls for non basketball plays.
ex 1: rip through just don’t call anything
ex 2: pass and crash just don’t call anything
ex 3: stop short and get run over don’t call it

fix 2:
allow more leeway on block attempts

fix 3:
take foul - already did a great job with this it’s made a huge difference.

I actually think that’s why scoring is up. Because these momentum busting plays aren’t happening.

Maxey with 13 already
sting-rafters.jpg

Back
Top Bottom