The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

48B382B3-CD7C-4C2A-8CEA-67AD7C80C27A.jpeg

Allen Iverson aka Bubba Chuck aka A.I speaks

"LeBron, I think, to me is the best overall basketball player that we’ll ever see,” Iverson told Marc J. Spears of andscape.com. “If you look in the dictionary and look up basketball player, there’ll be a picture of LeBron. But for me it’s so different because Mike (Michael Jordan) was everything to me. He gave me the vision. He made me want to play basketball. He’s my everything. I wanted to actually be like him, like the commercial, ‘Be like Mike,’ I really wanted to be him. I’m still starstruck every time I see him. I’m still nervous every time. Because he’s Mike to me. He’s my guy. So there’ll never be no one at the top of my list besides Mike. But LeBron is just everything that you want in a basketball player. He’s a total package. He’s God’s gift to the basketball world.”

Mike can't stop this runaway train...

western conference in the mid-2010s could’ve been a lot different if the timelines of roy, aldridge and dame overlapped in portland

also, the random nic batum sighting.. that man has been in the league forever and looks the same

If Brandon Roy was healthy then he probably doesn’t retire in 2011 and the Blazers probably don’t end up with the #6 pick in the 2012 draft and Damian Lillard is loyal to another franchise for the rest of his career, though.

Having said that, that would be a dope Big 3.

If true, he knows he’s not the same caliber of player so he wants to go out with one last big contract and no expectations.

Wanting to live in a city he enjoys and getting paid is an indictment now? Players really are damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

The Process gotta be officially done if this happens right?

Roster would be cooked going into 2023-2024 with only Embiid, Maxey and Tobi’s $39MM expiring. I doubt Houston would do a S&T and give anything up of value. Often the key for teams to keep things going is making sure that even if you lose core pieces that they don’t walk for free.

Could be the beginning of the end for my guy Joel in Philly even if they get rid of Doc because by then it will be too late |l

If Brandon Roy was healthy then he probably doesn’t retire in 2011 and the Blazers probably don’t end up with the #6 pick in the 2012 draft and Damian Lillard is loyal to another franchise for the rest of his career, though.

Having said that, that would be a dope Big 3.
A healthy Oden, LMA, and Roy gets us a championship. No doubt in my mind. Dame is a decent consolation prize.

A healthy Oden, LMA, and Roy gets us a championship. No doubt in my mind. Dame is a decent consolation prize.

This is bold bro. Not saying they wouldn’t have been dangerous but I feel it is underrating the Kobe x Pau Lakers, Spurs Dynasty and Heatles to say that hypothetical Blazers team would get past them.

I know you’ve mentioned it before (even this year) but this really puts into perspective the shorty luck you all had with luck in that era. Sorry bro. The Dame era is cool because he’s all-time great but barring some unforeseen acquisition, it won’t amount to anything.

Would you be open to, or perhaps do you even wish for, a Damian Lillard trade request? A Sharpe/Simons/Grant/Nurk + whatever you get back core :nerd:

roy, lma, and olden had a 50-12 record when they all played. small sample size, but that is damn impressive
People tend to forget how ******* dominant Oden was, when healthy. In that trio, he was the man.

This is bold bro. Not saying they wouldn’t have been dangerous but I feel it is underrating the Kobe x Pau Lakers, Spurs Dynasty and Heatles to say that hypothetical Blazers team would get past them.

I know you’ve mentioned it before (even this year) but this really puts into perspective the shorty luck you all had with luck in that era. Sorry bro. The Dame era is cool because he’s all-time great but barring some unforeseen acquisition, it won’t amount to anything.

Would you be open to, or perhaps do you even wish for, a Damian Lillard trade request? A Sharpe/Simons/Grant/Nurk + whatever you get back core :nerd:
Dame is the best player the Blazers have ever had, on and off the court. I will never be open to trading him unless he asks out.

roy, lma, and olden had a 50-12 record when they all played. small sample size, but that is damn impressive
but yeah, drafting KD prob gets you a chip
having dame is a nice consolation. got a HOF and team was always in the playoffs
People tend to forget how ****ing dominant Oden was, when healthy. In that trio, he was the man.

1.I had no idea that they only played 72 games together in those two seasons (most of them were likely in 08-09 because Oden played 68 games then and 21 in 09-10) 2. I had no idea they were THAT good together but considering it was 72 games over 164 (2 seasons), it could be hard to miss.

Dame was certainly a nice consolation prize, they got CJ too, made a WCF and now have two promising young pieces. This is another team that o trust to get the most out of their draft capital.

Dame is the best player the Blazers have ever had, on and off the court. I will never be open to trading him unless he asks out.

I respect that take. He sums it up kind of nicely with this quote and I tend to agree with him
9A465945-9B57-425A-8ABE-B8A07F4CC626.jpeg

People tend to forget how ****ing dominant Oden was, when healthy. In that trio, he was the man.

The man?

Back
Top Bottom