The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

It’s not just the money, it’s the years.

Ben’s contract runs out sooner. You can at least try to start looking forward and plan ahead if you’re the Nets.

That’s why I go Duncan. You’re tethered to his contract for longer.

Duncan’s $57MM over 3 years is still less than Ben’s $77MM over 2.

Let’s not forgets Bertrans got moved to Dallas from Washington with similar production, similar contract $ amount, similar years left at a what will be a smaller cap amount.

Duncan Robinson is 100% moveable famb.

C9B4A5ED-DB5B-4FA0-B8ED-4EB056875C46.jpeg

Let’s not forgets Bertrans got moved to Dallas from Washington with similar production, similar contract $ amount, similar years left at a what will be a smaller cap amount.

Movable? Movable when?

Miami has to eat this while still trying to be a “contender”. They have no flexibility with Duncan on the payroll.

Every team knows it. They’re not taking Duncan’s contract off of them.

Movable? Movable when?

Miami has to eat this while still trying to be a “contender”. They have no flexibility with Duncan on the payroll.

it’s a lot harder to match up $35mm in a trade, largely because you’ll have to give up someone who may be worth a pinch of salt on the court. Simmons deal is definitely worse. Nobody wants to bring in a guy who doesn’t even care about basketball

I have no idea why this even needs explaining :lol: :smh:

Ben Simmons is owed $78.2 Million
Duncan Robinson is owed $47.4 Million (partial gurantee in the last year)

What are we talking about?

Movable? Movable when?

If Dinwiddie and Bertans averaging 5PPG on 35/32/93 splits in 15MPG (with 3 years/$48MM) for Porzingis is a writhing, I don’t see why Duncan averaging 7PPG on 37/33/91 splits in 18 MPG (with 3 years/$57MM) + Lowry’s expiring + FRPs could not be a thing in the off-season/next season at the deadline.

It is not a good contract so I am not trying to defend it but just over a year ago we saw an almost identical player with a similar contract get moved, man. Precedence says the contract is moveable, especially across conferences.

Edit: THIS.
I think a team would eat Duncan's contract if it came with a first round pick. You would probably need to attach three first rounders minimum to find a taker for Simmons.

To say Duncan is “movable” is a whole different discussion.

Miami are going to have to eat this contract for a while.

That’s it. Ben being the worst I’m cool with. I get it.

Giving up 1st round draft picks in order to let go of Duncan Robinson? Yikes

Heat are in a crazy situation all across.

This is nasty bro. :sick:

9FFE6BBD-EB29-4928-B01C-0742AAAF1BCC.jpeg

To say Duncan is “movable” is a whole different discussion.

Miami are going to have to eat this contract for a while.

That’s it. Ben being the worst I’m cool with. I get it.
duncan gonna have to get moved in order for Miami to retain strus and or vincent this summer
just gotta add a pick/s

duncan will get moved for 4 2nds, while a guy like ben gonna require actual first round picks

sleepy pat paid him and then went and gave bblowry the bag

“The Process” 30 for 30 spanning across the 11 seasons from 2013-2014 to 2023-2024 is going to be great television. I hope they get firsthand accounts from everyone involved - Hinkie, Embiid, Benjamin, Markelle, Okafor, Harden, Morey, Brett Brown, Colangelos, Elton Brand, Jimmy Butler. Everybody.

“The Process” 30 for 30 spanning across the 11 seasons from 2013-2014 to 2023-2024 is going to be great television. I hope they get firsthand accounts from everyone involved - Hinkie, Embiid, Benjamin, Markelle, Okafor, Harden, Morey, Brett Brown, Colangelos, Elton Brand, Jimmy Butler. Everybody.

Narrated by BeachEm

Back
Top Bottom