The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Tonight's WWE promo of the night.

I was never a big fan of Westbrook on the court but I never believed in the "vampire", "Westbrook is sucking the life out of this team" angle but seeing this team and how much fun they're having now makes me reconsider.

It really isn't night and day difference from a body language and energy perspective.

I was never a big fan of Westbrook on the court but I never believed in the "vampire", "Westbrook is sucking the life out of this team" angle but seeing this team and how much fun they're having now makes me reconsider.

It really isn't night and day difference from a body language and energy perspective.
I think it was obvious by the end of the road trip before the trade deadline everyone was ready to move on. By all accounts he's great in the locker room, but he was shooting every time he touched the ball and being a jackass to Hands in Pockets.

I ran into this on IG and thought it was pretty interesting. Smart move by Giannis because keeping 250k ensures that all of his money is FDIC insured so he wouldn't get screwed the situations like the SBV Bank situation.

The FDIC insures $250k per SSN per financial institution. So if Giannis wanted to add his kids to each of his accounts his money would be insured $750k per bank.

AJ III cements very big this ASW.

Can't wait to not land them
mayweather-throwing.gif

Being able to play real basketball on the court and having a chance to win games certainly helps.

Never seen a fanbase so excited after their team beat the Raptors.

How they played was impressive. Hustle plays, stops and they seemingly couldn't miss down the stretch whether it was Dlo, Schroeder, Reaves, etc.

I ran into this on IG and thought it was pretty interesting. Smart move by Giannis because keeping 250k ensures that all of his money is FDIC insured so he wouldn't get screwed the situations like the SBV Bank situation.

Why though? Just to hit the FDIC threshold? Totally different meaning of a diversified portfolio. Not saying it's a totally bad idea. I also never had that kind of money. :lol:

This isn't smart to keep it real. If anyone ever gets this amount of wealth in here do not do this. Way better ways to go about it.

Why though? Just to hit the FDIC threshold? Totally different meaning of a diversified portfolio. Not saying it's a totally bad idea. I also never had that kind of money. :lol:
I’ve read before about really wealthy people spreading their money out among a lot of banks, but agree that number attributed to Yanni seems excessive.

Maybe one of our finance guys - Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio or antidope antidope can weigh in and enlighten us.

Lakeshow peaking at the right time. Guys stepping up and playing hard despite bron absence. Watching them now seems like a whole different team. Ham deserves a lot of credit with his adjustments and lineups

Some solid matchups today

- Knicks/Clippers
- Celtics/Hawks
- Bucks/Warriors
- LDB/Suns

I’ve read before about really wealthy people spreading their money out among a lot of banks, but agree that number attributed to Yanni seems excessive.

Maybe one of our finance guys - Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio or antidope antidope can weigh in and enlighten us.
I have NEVER agreed with splitting with your money between banks, but if you're gonna do it.. Three banks at the most and never a checking account. Checking accounts aren't really valuable my any means in todays world.
Wouldn't it be better to put some of that money in long-term low risk investments like bonds?

My Pops invested in some government bonds years ago and gets dividend payouts quarterly.
Yup. Past that the conversation about what kind of bonds begins cause of taxes and whatnot but CASH cash is silly.

Cats in here are too cheap to pay for Netflix every month but want to give a multimillionaire advice on where to keep his money :lol: aight
Basic financial principles work on scale. This is advice I would give to ANYONE

He must. 50 banks at $250K is only $12.5 Million, which for him is just a small fraction of his salary.

Yeah most likely.

Yanni doesn't come across as a frivolous spender with his money i.e. bling, fancy cars etc.

Outside of basketball, he only seems concerned with telling dad jokes, eating Oreos and getting nastee with his girl.

The idea of maintaining 50 different bank accounts is a lot. He would probably have someone maintaining them on the daily but that would be someone you have to REALLY trust.

Back
Top Bottom