The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

We're comparing guards to a 7'0 guy. He should at least be able to offer a pinch of rim protection.
Especially when the other two guys are elite on that end.
And thats arguably the most important role of his position. Imagine and 2 who cant shoot or a 1 who cant dribble

Does the 50 games won eliminate Kobe’s mvp he was robbed of?

No because clearly that don't matter in actually winning it. :lol:

Y'all Jokic fans just gotta deal with it. Its flaws everywhere you look in his MVP's. People ain't just having these debates because they hate him. It's been a big goalpost movement in giving him MVP's and people are gonna call it out. Y'all better hope dude gets a chip soon cuz it's gonna get worse looking back.

They are all deserving :emoji_shrug:
Seems like an episode of first tke in here this morning:lol:

I don’t get how people obsess over MVP discourse all year when there’s great basketball to discuss.

There’s still like 15 games left too :lol:
mvp this, mvp that… this season is literally up for grabs. More parity in the league than ever before, but yet we want to have lame *** mvp discourse every day.

No because clearly that don't matter in actually winning it. :lol:

Y'all Jokic fans just gotta deal with it. Its flaws everywhere you look in his MVP's. People ain't just having these debates because they hate him. It's been a big goalpost movement in giving him MVP's and people are gonna call it out. Y'all better hope dude gets a chip soon cuz it's gonna get worse looking back.
Hey man I’m just asking what the NT criteria is, that’s all.

It should be giannis winning it though.

7e4fd6.jpg

I don’t get how people obsess over MVP discourse all year when there’s great basketball to discuss.

mvp this, mvp that… this season is literally up for grabs. More parity in the league than ever before, but yet we want to have lame *** mvp discourse every day.
The topic of Jokic seems to get certain folks real mad.

I had my doubts about Reaves last season. Thought maybe his success was a combination of playing really hard and other guys underestimating him and that the rest of the league would figure him out. That was incorrect. He can legitimately play.

*takes shirt off*

1st round Guards drafted above Austin Reaves in 2021:

Cade
Green
Suggs
Giddey
Mitchell
Bouknight
Primo
Duarte
Moody
Tre Mann
Keon Johnson
Christopher
Grimes
Bones
Cam Thomas
Springer

Austin is going lottery in a redraft (probably top 10 tbh). He’s better than 80% of this list easily.

Last edited:
The topic of Jokic seems to get certain folks real mad.
Absolutely, but even before the Joker era, I’ve found it weird how invested certain people get in the MVP race, particularly with trying to tear down candidates they don’t like for whatever reason.

The irony here is that it's only been Laker fans in here claiming he didn't make it or seem to not remember :lol:

This would be a funny meme if you could pinpoint someone who's asserting one of these is valid and not the other. You asked B Sox B Sox if the bubble was real and I'm pretty sure he's not one of the dudes who claimed it wasn't

*takes shirt off*

1st round Guards drafted above Austin Reaves in 2021:

Cade
Green
Suggs
Giddey
Mitchell
Bouknight
Primo
Duarte
Moody
Tre Mann
Keon Johnson
Christopher
Grimes
Bones
Cam Thomas
Springer

Austin is going lottery in a redraft. He’s better than 80% of this list easily.
He’s a good player. Could see him sneaking in the back end of the lotto in a redraft.

With that said, he was 23 years old entering that draft. Bunch of young dudes with potential getting picked over him isn’t a crazy concept.

cb8eff47b8d7b0d780a91a843e4faaad.gif

EYE agree with you though.

The West has the most compelling playoff race in years, IDGAF about the MVP race.

Like I said before Jokic and Embiid better show out in the playoffs. Jokic in particular since the West is so open.

Back
Top Bottom