The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

To tear one candidate down or talk like they're not deserving is extremely disingenuous/biased.
ezgif-1-0008e680d0.gif

Those aren't the rules around here

Cats in here are too cheap to pay for Netflix every month but want to give a multimillionaire advice on where to keep his money :lol: aight
Not like wealthy people are exempt from doing dumb things with their money. Lots of stories about rich people getting screwed over and losing money due to bad financial advice or unscrupulous managers/family members. Including some NBA players.

Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are all more than deserving of winning MVP this year.

To tear one candidate down or talk like they're not deserving is extremely disingenuous/biased.

That sound good but Giannis is straight up better than Jokic. Giannis being dominant on offense and defense shows he's more valuable. He was victim of "voter fatigue" but Jokic who plays no defense and hasn't done much in the playoffs (since the bubble was fake) ain't. :lol:

If Giannis making nonsensical money moves he should go all in

Do like my West Indian grandmother who hides money in spots all over her bedroom.

This woman probably got thousands of dollars in hiding spots, and since she is old and does not need the money she keeps forgetting where she puts it, and randomly stumbles upon sou-sou money she collected like 5 years prior

Yeah potentially being a 3x MVP, while not being able to play a lick of defense is crazy.
Wasn't that mentioned as one of the main factors when Giannis won over Harden?

This isn't smart to keep it real. If anyone ever gets this amount of wealth in here do not do this. Way better ways to go about it.

What Giannis is doing is a minority mindset. My family is the same way. Immigrant mentality where you must be safe with every dollar. Very rarely make financial risky moves or let your money work for you. They’ve been like that for decades.

There are way better ways for the top 1% like Giannis to make passive income than keep it in 50 banks because it’s insured.

Finance is literally 90% psychological.

Jokic winning 3x MVP would be like Gobert winning 3x MVP because of his defense and ignoring his offense. You can't be that valuable when your defense is that bad. Jokic is the definition of a one way player. He's not as deserving as Giannis/Embiid

Harden, AI, Steph etc all need their MVPs melted down if the criteria includes being an elite defender.

Harden, AI, Steph etc all need their MVPs melted down if the criteria includes being an elite defender.
When the race is as tight as it is this year you have to factor in all aspects of the game. Giannis and Embiid are just as good if not better than Jokic offensively and defensively it's not even a question. Especially as a big man you have to consider defense. It's really hard to justify Jokic as MVP. These guys are neck and neck in every criteria with a huge gap in one category. Should be easy

Jokic and Embiid is at least a debate. Who thinks Jokic is better than Giannis? Anybody?

Winning 3 MVP's in a row used to mean you're dominating the league. You're above the rest of your competition. If that's that's hate and bias I'll take. :lol:

People want different rules when they love a player.

That sound good but Giannis is straight up better than Jokic. Giannis being dominant on offense and defense shows he's more valuable. He was victim of "voter fatigue" but Jokic who plays no defense and hasn't done much in the playoffs (since the bubble was fake) ain't. :lol:

why is past seasons' playoff success a factor in the 2022-23 regular season MVP discussion

I ran into this on IG and thought it was pretty interesting. Smart move by Giannis because keeping 250k ensures that all of his money is FDIC insured so he wouldn't get screwed the situations like the SBV Bank situation.

Article doesn’t appear to specify the nature of the accounts but at any income level you wanna keep as little as possible in a checking account.

Having $12M just sitting there not multiplying is less than ideal, to put it mildly :lol:

What Giannis is doing is a minority mindset. My family is the same way. Immigrant mentality where you must be safe with every dollar. Very rarely make financial risky moves or let your money work for you. They’ve been like that for decades.

There are way better ways for the top 1% like Giannis to make passive income than keep it in 50 banks because it’s insured.

Finance is literally 90% psychological.
Oh trust me I know. Immigrant here as well and studied behavioural finance.

I keep no cash though. No fixed income either. 100% risk on all the time with a little bit of leverage. Sometimes you gotta just trust the science
If Giannis making nonsensical money moves he should go all in

Do like my West Indian grandmother who hides money in spots all over her bedroom.

This woman probably got thousands of dollars in hiding spots, and since she is old and does not need the money she keeps forgetting where she puts it, and randomly stumbles upon sou-sou money she collected like 5 years prior
I tried to explain why SuSus are dumb once.... Wasted an hour and still lost.

why is past seasons' playoff success a factor in the 2022-23 regular season MVP discussion

Because you can't justify 3 MVP's to somebody that can't at least make a conference finals.

I’m not sure anyone in here has ever said Joker was a better player than Yanni :lol:

And that's the point if you catch up. One is "voter fatigue" while the lesser player don't gotta deal with that.

Just to throw this out there - and I'm not saying anyone is better than anyone in particular - if we're truly talking about value to their team, Donovan Mitchell and Brunson should get love. But they're nowhere near the debate.

I think if I'm ranking my order for the actual award, it goes:

1a. Embiid
1b. Giannis
2. Jokic

Back
Top Bottom