The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Listening to these pods today.... and the way they're ****ting on Embiid to big up Jokic :rofl: :rofl:

Nowwwwwww it's look at the numbers forget the results, now it's look at his teammates it wasn't his fault, now Embiid who according to those same people was easily a top 3 defender in the league isn't really that superior on defense because Jokic "held up" in the Suns series & Embiid got roasted by Tatum

giphy.gif

NOW playoff success puts the MVP into question :lol:, dudes are no less bias than the average NT'er

:lol: I knew

He ain’t gotta be Jalen.

A team like Houston would benefit greatly having him right now.

I’m not even thinking of contenders right now BUT that too ain’t out the realm of possibilities given the right circumstance.
Oh yeah, if you just want him to get some run then cool. If you're talking about a team that wants to have some direction he ain't ready. Same way Jalen got bag showing out in the playoffs Quickly fell off in the playoffs. I don't dislike him tho, just think he's better suited as a back up.

Listening to these pods today.... and the way they're ****ting on Embiid to big up Jokic :rofl: :rofl:

Nowwwwwww it's look at the numbers forget the results, now it's look at his teammates it wasn't his fault, now Embiid who according to those same people was easily a top 3 defender in the league isn't really that superior on defense because Jokic "held up" in the Suns series & Embiid got roasted by Tatum

giphy.gif

NOW playoff success puts the MVP into question :lol:, dudes are no less bias than the average NT'er
These were the primary arguments from the pro Embiid contingent though. It's what he gets 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think it's interesting how few people understand the difference between capital J "Journalism", commentary and just reporting information.

On this podcast, Tim isn't working in a journalistic capacity. He's a guy on a podcast offering his opinions. This is different than working in an objective journalistic capacity which is also different from reporting (which is just providing information from from sources).

Stephen A Smith isn't a journalist anymore. He was at a different point in his career now he's just a commentator.
It isn't that people don't understand the difference between capital and lowercase J journalists it is that there doesn't seem to be a difference between the two anymore where folks cross the line either direction far too often. Fox News tried that same argument with Dominion and they settled for an exorbitant amount mostly because the evidence but because there wasn't a clear distinction between the Tucker's of the world, the Fox and Friends Crew and their capital j journalists. Is Tom a journalist when he cuts a WWE promo or when he is reporting on a trade? You have people using their journalistic credentials to get access to stars then run to make a podcast and cut promos. SAS is the worst offender but compare him when he was still at the Philly Inquirer and was getting occasional ESPN segments. He was himself but he knew the line and didn't cross it.

I've lost confidence in Embiid. He completely fumbled this series and it's not the first time this happened.

But the REGULAR season MVP, he was definitely deserving. Joker slowed down quite a bit at the end of the season where Embiid took it up a notch or at least maintained his effectiveness.

Let's not be prisoners of the moment.

It isn't that people don't understand the difference between capital and lowercase J journalists it is that there doesn't seem to be a difference between the two anymore where folks cross the line either direction far too often. Fox News tried that same argument with Dominion and they settled for an exorbitant amount mostly because the evidence but because there wasn't a clear distinction between the Tucker's of the world, the Fox and Friends Crew and their capital j journalists. Is Tom a journalist when he cuts a WWE promo or when he is reporting on a trade? You have people using their journalistic credentials to get access to stars then run to make a podcast and cut promos. SAS is the worst offender but compare him when he was still at the Philly Inquirer and was getting occasional ESPN segments. He was himself but he knew the line and didn't cross it.
As a former journalist, I understand and can empathize with your post.

But C.R.E.A.M.

Reality TV shows would be boring/mundane if they didn’t inject the “drama.” CNN, MSNBC, Fox, ESPN, etc rather entertain than inform.

giphy.gif

Easily Top 3? I was telling BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE during the season that Embiid was also food in PnR and his rim protection numbers weren’t that much better :lol:

He used to but i didn't find anything regarding his latest.
He’s mainly a NBA talking head now. Honestly that podcast is just hot takes. At least the Lowe Post or rinky dink NBA today discuss Xs and Os (but that’s more a Windhorst problem than Bontemps and McMahon one).

I think if it’s a regular journalist or sports analyst, it’s still ridiculous the things that will come out of their mouth.

In the case of Shannon Sharpe, I was blown away by the thing that went into his mouth on live television!!!!!

Easily Top 3? I was telling BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE during the season that Embiid was also food in PnR and his rim protection numbers weren’t that much better :lol:

I'm going by what these same media types have said & Joel has always been considered one of the better overall defenders in the league by them.

Now those same people are telling me that his impact defensively is only "slightly" better than Jokic :lol: , Like come on man.

I've never been that big on Embiid but there's a CLEAR gap between him & Jokic defensively, but now for narrative reasons people are gonna act like it's not.

Back
Top Bottom