The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Poole only 23. He was crowned too early. "3rd splash brother/splash cousin" stuff came too soon. Won a chip too soon. It was impressive how he played himself into that contract, for sure, but that's when the job starts, not ends. You gotta work hard to justify the money you're being given.
He’s a volume scorer who turns the ball over a lot and is a huge negative on defense. There’s a role for those guys in the league as bench scorers. You just don’t pay them 4/130.

Pretty sure he won’t be able to come back until the Finals

4-6 week time line puts him right there

Doubt he comes back for game 1, but after the ramp us process if the series is extended he should play based on the timeline of a broken hand

You’re basically running it back with a worse player. I’d rather let Harden walk for nothing than get CP3.

Tobias is also an expiring contract that will be easier to move.

It doesn’t feel like Harden will make a decision soon so I wouldn’t want to rush into anything without weighing the options.

Harden has a strong relationship with Morey so I’m confident there’s going to be open dialog.

What I’d rather do right now is fire Doc immediately and start the search for a good coach.
Letting Harden walk for nothing doesn’t seem like smart business :lol:

Don’t forget Maxey is eligible for a max extension this summer which they’ll have to pay out. Would kick in the year after next.

This is your core.

Firing Doc isn’t going to do anything. He tried everything. Not his fault your best player is a soft, ballstopping fraud.

Prime example of getting a bag and not giving a damn after. Ayton and Poole 2 sides of the same coin.

As he and everyone else should.

Ja is an extention seeking estupido just like his dad and Lavar Ball?

Where is BBB and Lavar now?
Wait what?

How are we comparing Ja Aka Bishop from Juice to Lamelo or Lamar?

Tee not really trying to launch a Morant brand…

But he might have to after the Ja 1 and Done Nikes!!

I’m at a point where these regular season awards mean absolutely nothing to me.

If you’re not there for the playoffs what’s the point?

Harden 34
Embiid 29
Julius 28

These aren’t rookies. We know what they are by now.
I mean what's what postseason awards are for. That's why we have postseason stats and records that are separate from the regular season

Embiid deserved the MVP for what he did over the regular season. It counts. He also failed and froze in the biggest moments and has nothing to show for postseason accolades and also statistically falls off the face of the earth in the playoffs.

If they're worthless to you that's fine. I just think both statements can coexist is all

The Warriors tax bill next year pushes the total payroll to half a billion.

CJ McCollum took away their mid level exception.

I really don’t see a path forward :lol:

Who are you replacing Poole with to convince Lacob to keep paying the tax? And if you keep Poole…. why would Lacob pay the tax? :lol:

Wait what?

How are we comparing Ja Aka Bishop from Juice to Lamelo or Lamar?

Tee not really trying to launch a Morant brand…

But he might have to after the Ja 1 and Done Nikes!!
Trust me bro...Ja is an attention seeking kid who has not yet discovered what its like to be a professional. Like father, like son. I see right through him and Tee just like we knew Lavar Ball, his antics, and his BBB brand wasn't gonna amount to nothin in the long run.

If you want to be great as a player and respected amongst your peers and legends of the game, you gotta play the long game and not just be a hype machine

As high flying Morant is, he is a Derek Rose type injury away from ending his promising career

Last edited:
IMG_2858.gif

In my inbox yesterday after the story broke.
It’s in insane that people look at Nike like they’re some type of moral authority.
That shoe prints money and he gets to play and they will be doing NOTHING

Nikes not doing anything right now.

The Ja’s are way too hot.
They could replace Ja with a number of athletes on their roster and get the same result. This is more of a future effect than anything affecting the now. This is a delay/cancellation of the Ja 2.

The Warriors tax bill next year pushes the total payroll to half a billion.

CJ McCollum took away their mid level exception.

I really don’t see a path forward :lol:

Who are you replacing Poole with to convince Lacob to keep paying the tax? And if you keep Poole…. why would Lacob pay the tax? :lol:
This is why Bob Myers is on the fence about retiring. He wants to let Steph-Klay-Draymond ride into the sunset, but if he wants a real chance at a chip he's going to have to let go of one, maybe two of them not named Steph.

It’s in insane that people look at Nike like they’re some type of moral authority.
Maybe some people do, but I don't think people are in this case.

They are a profit-maximizing company. They sign and push signature athletes to make money.

If that person undermines their goals, of course, they will try to create some distance between them and whatever actions that representative of their brand is doing.

Ja needs to chill before Nike sees canceling his line, or even dropping him altogether, as the best business moves for them.

No need to look at Nike as a moral authority to understand why they might want to move on from Ja.

They could replace Ja with a number of athletes on their roster and get the same result. This is more of a future effect than anything affecting the now. This is a delay/cancellation of the Ja 2.
I want to agree but... The kids love Ja Morant. The kids love how "real" Ja Morant is.

There's a fake postering angle to be taken here.

At the end of the day I just want him to learn his lesson and play basketball

Back
Top Bottom