The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Tim McMahon COOKED Ja and his friend. :lol:

I agree with everything Tim said and I hope Ja smartens up or gets out. With that said, this is exactly what is wrong with Journalism today. Started way back with PTI and even earlier with Fox News but it isn't entertainment for journalists to start cutting WWE style promos like they're posting on NT.

Letting Harden walk for nothing doesn’t seem like smart business :lol:

Don’t forget Maxey is eligible for a max extension this summer which they’ll have to pay out. Would kick in the year after next.

This is your core.

Firing Doc isn’t going to do anything. He tried everything. Not his fault your best player is a soft, ballstopping fraud.

That’s fine and all, but I wouldn’t consider CP3 as option 1.

Whatever you say about Embiid is fine. He clearly cannot be a #1 option in the playoffs. His style of play is too easy to plan against in a 7 game series.

James not part of the core. What this team needs is a real #1 option (Jimmy Butler). Maybe there’s going to be another disgruntled star that we can capitalize on. Tobias and Harden are assets that can facilitate something .

To say to just go for CP3 because you have no options is not good business either.

I want to agree but... The kids love Ja Morant. The kids love how "real" Ja Morant is.

There's a fake postering angle to be taken here.

At the end of the day I just want him to learn his lesson and play basketball
Nike gave Paul George a shoe and it sold well. Nike sells basketball sneakers regardless of who it is. Think y’all are vastly overestimating the demographic of people who are buying the Ja’s. I’d bet a very small demo is buying them because of how “real” he is.

At the end of the day, it’s always going to be about money for mega-corporations like Nike. But making calculations about how public opinion might swing dollars is more complicated than it used to be. Gotta think real carefully about who’s actually buying the products.

A miscalculation can be disastrous, as demonstrated by the Bud Light situation with the trans endorser.

I agree with everything Tim said and I hope Ja smartens up or gets out. With that said, this is exactly what is wrong with Journalism today. Started way back with PTI and even earlier with Fox News but it isn't entertainment for journalists to start cutting WWE style promos like they're posting on NT.
It’s only entertainment, baby.

Unless Ja’s momma tells him to pull up.

Nike gave Paul George a shoe and it sold well. Nike sells basketball sneakers regardless of who it is. Think y’all are vastly overestimating the demographic of people who are buying the Ja’s. I’d bet a very small demo is buying them because of how “real” he is.

And it’s probably mostly people who’s parents still are buying shoes for them.

Last edited:
Brooks-Glycerin-20-Featured-1024x576.jpg

EYE want to see Dillon team up with these guys next year as part of his rebrand.

Wholesome and reliable basketball professional.

It’s only entertainment, baby.

Unless Ja’s momma tells him to pull up.
I agree that it's only entertainment but when these "journalists" go off and make the story about themselves and their agendas we get these WWE style promos which have a real impact. There is still a large segment of the population that believe that Sean Taylor died because of his "lifestyle" in no small part to Mike Wilbon and Tony K and their segment on PTI. Not comparing Ja to Sean and I think Ja needs to stop this nonsense but some of these journalists take it too far with things and that isn't right.

I think it's interesting how few people understand the difference between capital J "Journalism", commentary and just reporting information.

On this podcast, Tim isn't working in a journalistic capacity. He's a guy on a podcast offering his opinions. This is different than working in an objective journalistic capacity which is also different from reporting (which is just providing information from from sources).

Stephen A Smith isn't a journalist anymore. He was at a different point in his career now he's just a commentator.

I think it's interesting how few people understand the difference between capital J "Journalism", commentary and just reporting information.

On this podcast, Tim isn't working in a journalistic capacity. He's a guy on a podcast offering his opinions. This is different than working in an objective journalistic capacity which is also different from reporting (which is just providing information from from sources).

Stephen A Smith isn't a journalist anymore. He was at a different point in his career now he's just a commentator.
Nailed it.

It’s just entertainment. Folks
Forget what that E in ESPN stands for or how most “news” outlet have commodified entertainment vice fact finding.

How many people even read a newspaper anymore? They’d rather chase after Q’ rabbit holes on Reddit.

That podcast literally leads in with a theme song for McMahon. You already know he’s metaphorically carrying a hot gun (he is from Texas) with hollow tip takes!!

Back
Top Bottom