The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Unless they really value Ayton, I don’t see why they would want him as the salary matching centerpiece over CP3 or Lowry. Only thing I can think of is for a trade down the line (other than the family business angle folks are running with).

I guess Prozingis’ decision about opting in or out may be a factor here too.

Wizards are dumb. Now they are gonna have to accept some stupid trade because of themselves.

The trade is “stupid” in that they may have nothing to show for it after this season beyond picks…but they would have nothing to show for beyond this season if they let Beal walk last summer.

The difference is that they probably could have gotten KP and Kuz extensions done if that’s what the players/franchise wanted and I guess they could have been higher in the Wemby sweepstakes too but that’s about it.

The Blazers have established two positions:

1. They are not trading Damian Lillard unless Lillard asks out, which he has not done, and if they do, they will want a massive, unbelievable return on that to the point where almost no team would be able to offer it.
  2. They are looking to use the No.3 pick (and other players on contract, including Anfernee Simons) to improve the roster around Lillard.

League sources suggest that Portland is already locked in on a new deal worth more than $120 million with forward Jerami Grant.

The Blazers have been focused on moving center Jusuf Nurkic, sources say

• Derrick Lively is the other player coveted by teams in terms of moving up in the draft. The Hawks and Warriorsare two teams that I’ve heard from multiple sources are interested in pursuing a pick to take Lively, and it seems like it’s going to need to be at least 10th to get there.
  • The 10 players I expect to go top 10, as of now, in Thursday’s draft: Victor Wembanyama, Scoot Henderson, Brandon Miller, Cam Whitmore, Jarace Walker, Amen Thompson, Ausar Thompson, Anthony Black, Taylor Hendricks and Lively.

• Let’s circle back to free agency. After the Harden-back-to-Houston talk reached a fever pitch three weeks ago, there now seems to be a certain amount of skepticism coming from Houston. There’s concern that they were being used to leverage the 76ers into something closer to a max deal either in money or years. If Harden does not return to Houston, the Rockets will shift to Kyrie Irving and Chris Paul. Houston is also considered to be a suitor for both Dillon Brooks and Brook Lopez.

• Something to keep in mind with the Suns in their Beal pursuit: there’s been chatter in league circles about a separate potential three-way deal involving Boston’s reigning 6th Man of the Year Malcolm Brogdon. I’ve gotten the sense those talks are now outdated (as is pretty common with a lot of league rumormongering), but it’s an interesting element to keep an eye on. Perhaps equally notable is that Boston is said to be in the market for frontcourt additions, which Deandre Ayton would certainly qualify as. (That, however, is speculative on my part.)

• Tobias Harris for the Sixers and Tyus Jones for the Grizzlies are two players I am confident will be on new teams by the end of the summer.

Based on that article it looks like Jerami Grant is going to get about $30MM per from Portland. Does that put Kuz at the $25-30MM range for his new team? Or would it be below $20-25MM?

Back
Top Bottom