The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

BED34CE0-1655-4869-9489-2833D757E9ED.jpeg

Attachments

• 997B3696-BBD4-428D-B213-17A528CE7E83.jpeg
    997B3696-BBD4-428D-B213-17A528CE7E83.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 74
There's the rub. Are they trying to salvage a contender? A team with Luka isn't sniffing the top 5 in the draft anytime soon. Suns have a young core as well. Might be better off swinging for the fences and hoping the Lakers are in the cellar by 27 and 29

Nets gain 2 first rounders in the next 3 drafts allow them to make trades to bring in players in the off-season. Being a huge cap strapped team, they have a some guys making money to match a big deal. Throw 2 near term firsts in there, who knows what they could get.

Not to mention they can get longer term deals from the Mavs and Suns and allow them to piece things together.

More options to help KD than a pick 4 and 6 years from now. And a guy who won’t be on the roster in 4 months.

After the dust settles, can the KD Nets be considered as the biggest busts in NBA history?

Really ending up with 0 Conference Finals appearances for all that trouble :sick:

What if Kyrie tells the Sun he won't resign with you after this season. If you're the Suns you still give up those picks?

Yes. Because he doesn’t get to the Lakers if he’s not traded there.

And the Suns will be diminishing returns if they run it back next year.

Nets gain 2 first rounders in the next 3 drafts allow them to make trades to bring in players in the off-season. Being a huge cap strapped team, they have a some guys making money to match a big deal. Throw 2 near term firsts in there, who knows what they could get.

Not to mention they can get longer term deals from the Mavs and Suns and allow them to piece things together.

More options to help KD than a pick 4 and 6 years from now. And a guy who won’t be on the roster in 4 months.
This still assumes they're going to proceed to build around KD who also requested a trade recently. I'm leaning more towards full rebuild in the summer

I’ll just let him go in the off season. Build around in the off season. Question is which team is gonna take a chance on him.

Yes. Because he doesn’t get to the Lakers if he’s not traded there.

And the Suns will be diminishing returns if they run it back next year.

That's dumb no GM is going to giveaway 1st rd draft picks out of spite. No one is giving up draft capital for dude beyond the Lakers without some form of long term commitment from Kyrie.

This still assumes they're going to proceed to build around KD who also requested a trade recently. I'm leaning more towards full rebuild in the summer

Okay. So if it’s a full rebuild this summer. And they trade KD this summer….

Would you rather have 2023 and 2025 picks or 2027 and 2029 picks?

Would you rather have long term role players who you can trade to contenders or Russell Westbrook who will be gone in 4 months?

If they want to get rid of KD too then it moves it even further away from the Lakers

Would you rather have long term role players who you can trade to contenders or Russell Westbrook who will be gone in 4 months?

If they want to get rid of KD too then it moves it even further away from the Lakers

It's not about what the Nets would rather have it's about what they can get.

I can want 20,000 for my honda civic with 190,000 miles on it but if no one is willing to give me that it don't mean a thing.

The 2023 pick is guaranteed to be in the late 1st, 2025 probably isn't lottery bound either. Lakers 27 and 29 would be well past the primes of Kyrie and AD. That's the kind of asset we've seen teams go for when they tear it down

Back
Top Bottom