The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS SERBIA at Noon ET on FS1

If recent history has taught us anything, it's that guys that caliber probably aren't finishing out contracts if they're not happy with the circumstances of where they are.

Why would the Lakers?

Desperate times all around.
1st round picks mean nothing in LA. We'll always be able to get stars

C8FC68D5-DE80-43D8-9A36-0BCEF15AFD59.png

Why are people so sure that the Nets want to still "build a winner" and want to build around KD, As if KD didn't start the season with a trade request that specifically aimed at his relationship with management & ownership?

and regardless of how ya'll feel about Kyrie, him & KD clearly have a functioning relationship. Ownership telling Kyrie to kick rocks & isn't exactly gonna be a + in keeping KD there.

Why are people so sure that the Nets want to still "build a winner" and want to build around KD, As if KD didn't start the season with a trade request that specifically aimed at his relationship with management & ownership?

and regardless of how ya'll feel about Kyrie, him & KD clearly have a functioning relationship. Ownership telling Kyrie to kick rocks & isn't exactly gonna be a + in keeping KD there.

If the KD news drops that he wants a trade...this gonna be a a crazy deadline...

Easy.

If I’m the Nets and I want to keep KD, who I have for 3 more years signed. No player opt outs.
I want what helps my team going forward. And that is immediate picks. I’ll take the 20th pick now over maybe I get a 10% chance the Lakers give me a top 10.
Also if I get players from the Mavs or Suns, I can move them in combination of other salaries to get better players.
Also remember Russ isn’t better than the players the Nets could get from Dallas or Phoenix. If I’m trying to win today. Getting 3-4 rotational guys and putting them in place is far easier than swapping Kyrie for Russ

If I’m the Nets, and I blow it up. I can trade the picks i have this year for next years picks. And recoup picks for KD. I could rebuild completely now instead of a slow drawn out process.

Also predicting that Luka and Booker are still on their teams 4 years from now isn’t a certainty either.
And not predicting that 4 years from now when the cap goes up another $50 mil from where it is today. That the Lakers haven’t signed max guys by then is a stretch too.
I think most agree that the ONLY way the lakers get kyrie is if he sabatoges his way to LA (puts out weird tweet or tells other teams he WONT resign etc). If that doesn’t happen then of course lakers will have least chance of any team

Back
Top Bottom