The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS SERBIA at Noon ET on FS1

j-alexander-clutching-my-pearls.gif

Subs at Bones?

He's been sulking lately and got DNP'd yesterday...

Spicy Fridays

He said something last night too

Bones unfollowed Jamal after that :lol:

Okay. Then the Suns can offer 2027 and 2029 first round picks instead of 2023 & 2025.

Mavs can offer 2027 and 2029 first round picks.

No matter what way you put it Suns or Mavs offer the better value of being able to win or rebuild.

Please explain in detail how the draft picks from the Lakers in 5 years will be worst than the picks from the Mavs when Luka still won’t be 30 years old yet.

*Whispers* There’s just as much likelihood that the Mavs don’t have Luka by 2027 and Suns don’t have Booker by 2028 than there is that the Lakers haven’t found cap space to be good again in 4 years. *Whispers*
The Mavs gamble would be they can’t finish the job and keep Luka and you strike gold.
Luke would be under contract in 26-27 and directly impact the 27 pick

Please explain in detail how the draft picks from the Lakers in 5 years will be worst than the picks from the Mavs when Luka still won’t be 30 years old yet.

Easy.

If I’m the Nets and I want to keep KD, who I have for 3 more years signed. No player opt outs.
I want what helps my team going forward. And that is immediate picks. I’ll take the 20th pick now over maybe I get a 10% chance the Lakers give me a top 10.
Also if I get players from the Mavs or Suns, I can move them in combination of other salaries to get better players.
Also remember Russ isn’t better than the players the Nets could get from Dallas or Phoenix. If I’m trying to win today. Getting 3-4 rotational guys and putting them in place is far easier than swapping Kyrie for Russ

If I’m the Nets, and I blow it up. I can trade the picks i have this year for next years picks. And recoup picks for KD. I could rebuild completely now instead of a slow drawn out process.

Also predicting that Luka and Booker are still on their teams 4 years from now isn’t a certainty either.
And not predicting that 4 years from now when the cap goes up another $50 mil from where it is today. That the Lakers haven’t signed max guys by then is a stretch too.

Bones a starter in the league?
Seem like he had a perfect role as a scorer off the bench.
I understand he wants to be a star, but if he balled out as a sixth man and won a chip, the offers would come

Still got 15 pages to catch up on and the thread is already on one. :lol:

Ain't eem reached the Myrie news yet. :lol:

All this bloviating about Jokic, Embiid and Harden, they better not flame out in the playoffs.

Knowing Kyrie that man might end up signing the extension next Wednesday and then ask for a trade next February

After the dust settles, can the KD Nets be considered as the biggest busts in NBA history?

Really ending up with 0 Conference Finals appearances for all that trouble :sick:

Conference Finals aren't guaranteed. They made a trade to improve the team, trusted their process, and ultimately did not make a conference finals. But you can't say it was a failure. They were able to acquire 3 HOFers.

Would suck to waste a great KD year, but the Lakers are so incompetent that the 2027/2029 picks are so juicy. Maybe take those into the summer and see what you can get?

Luke would be under contract in 26-27 and directly impact the 27 pick
If recent history has taught us anything, it's that guys that caliber probably aren't finishing out contracts if they're not happy with the circumstances of where they are.
Also why would the Mavs and Suns be willing to give up multiple 1st rounders? Reports saying that teams are reluctant to give up assets
Why would the Lakers?

Desperate times all around.

Conference Finals aren't guaranteed. They made a trade to improve the team, trusted their process, and ultimately did not make a conference finals. But you can't say it was a failure. They were able to acquire 3 HOFers.
I don't think they acquired 3 HOFers for their ceiling to be ECF's though :lol:

They took a big swing to win titles, anything less was always gonna be considered a failure on their part and I'm certain that was their mindset throughout as well.

Trae Young got closer to the Finals than they ever did for goodness sake :lol:

Back
Top Bottom