The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I'm so over Kidd.
No reason Hardy shouldn't see the floor in a game like today.
Could have used his scoring.

Still mind blowing to me that players still pass back and forth when they're about to take a mercy Shot Clock violation in a decided game. It goes in the stat book as a team TO....and still nobody wants to be the one holding it :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Still mind blowing to me that players still pass back and forth when they're about to take a mercy Shot Clock violation in a decided game. It goes in the stat book as a team TO....and still nobody wants to be the one holding it :lol: :smh:
Might be a FG% killer too if you shoot. Remember moe Harkless had that clause in his contract where if he shot x% he got a bonus. You can have that grenade back

We mid.

Wood or no Wood, we mid
Without a doubt. Feels like they can at least flirt with stretches of high-level defensive play with Wood off the floor - Powell's playing well for what he is, but he's just not a starter. Gotta find THAT guy at center.

But the inconsistency is wild.

I'd explore every option for asset collection at the deadline... Not a total blowup but if someone wants to overvalue literally anyone on the roster, they're available as far as I'm concerned. Would lean toward keeping Dinwiddie and Dorian.

Without a doubt. Feels like they can at least flirt with stretches of high-level defensive play with Wood off the floor - Powell's playing well for what he is, but he's just not a starter. Gotta find THAT guy at center.

But the inconsistency is wild.

I'd explore every option for asset collection at the deadline... Not a total blowup but if someone wants to overvalue literally anyone on the roster, they're available as far as I'm concerned. Would lean toward keeping Dinwiddie and Dorian.

I’d trade Dinwiddie now, we aren’t going to resign him and his value won’t be higher.

I’d trade Dorian for a player but not a pick

I’d trade Dinwiddie now, we aren’t going to resign him and his value won’t be higher.

I’d trade Dorian for a player but not a pick
Those are just the two guys on the roster I look at and think "Definitely guys that could contribute to a contender here" ...

But to your point - obviously have to wonder what resigning Spencer looks like.

I've preferred to punt and keep the pick this year because of how deep this draft is in guys that can handle the ball and playmake on the perimeter, but they won't drop down that far unless Luka gets hurt.

But ultimately they're probably still best suited to get that trade over with and have the full clip for the next big swing ASAP.

Those are just the two guys on the roster I look at and think "Definitely guys that could contribute to a contender here" ...

But to your point - obviously have to wonder what resigning Spencer looks like.

I've preferred to punt and keep the pick this year because of how deep this draft is in guys that can handle the ball and playmake on the perimeter, but they won't drop down that far unless Luka gets hurt.

But ultimately they're probably still best suited to get that trade over with and have the full clip for the next big swing ASAP.

I just ride it out, I don’t extend Wood but I don’t write it off

None of the teams slated with cap space are gonna be rushing out to sign Wood so the Mavs can afford to hold off on an extension, I think.

I just ride it out, I don’t extend Wood but I don’t write it off

None of the teams slated with cap space are gonna be rushing out to sign Wood so the Mavs can afford to hold off on an extension, I think.
This has long been my thought/preference.

He's not gonna ink a big deal this summer, I don't think - and I just can't imagine the trade market gives you anything worth moving on early for.

No reason to rush... and maybe he needs the open market wake up call that he's just not a starting center anywhere worth a damn.

Back
Top Bottom