The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

As much as I dislike the Clippers, I don't wish Westbrook upon them. I can't believe they would want Westbrook in their locker room after the debacle with the Lakers.

I can't wait for the playoff series where Westbrook is playing crunch time minutes as the Clippers point guard and he takes a ridiculous 3-pointer or jump shot from the elbow that barely hits the rim and leads to a fast break on the other end. It's inevitable

okb.PNG

Chuck was all ready to retire and network throwing money and wanting him to work

1. He doesn’t even study all the players/team situations for Inside the NBA. Will he be able to give informed opinions about geopolitics?

2. Not disrespecting his profession but it’s definitely a gig you could do working a few nights a week (maybe even remote) and make high six figures or eveb millions so maybe he figures why not because it’s part time. Plus he gets to hang out with his friends and probably has bourbon in his mug :lol:

I knew the Mavericks were about 1/2 of Cuban’s net worth (most of the other half is AMZN and NFLX stock ownership). What I didn’t realize is that I think he differs from a lot of owners in that the Mavs are his primary annual income stream at somewhere between $100-140MM.

So that broke boi narrative isn’t true. He just has a different set of circumstances than some other owners. Actually kind of a cool place to be in IMO. Do Shark Tank, chill and make a couple hundred million annually as your stocks appreciate and you can focus on the Mavs

GQ did a "day in the life" video with Mark Cuban and it literally sounds like he works for about 3-4 hours per day.

He's living the way I would if I were a billionaire sports owner. He drops his kids off to school everyday, works for just a couple hours, goes to basketball games, spends time with his family and gets his 8 hours of sleep 🤣

These are actually kind of fire. Look too much like Jordan though. The funny thing is that Kawhi Leonard's New balance run of shoes have actually been pretty good looking but I've literally never seen anyone wearing them. I even see people wear Steph's shoes, but no one is rocking Kawhi's
I have a bunch of NB Kawhi’s, but even in LA I rarely see them on anyone else. The exceptions being at Clippers home games and on New Balance store workers LOL.

But I don’t think NB produces big quantities of the Kawhi’s and they’re priced fairly high, so I think NB makes money off them.

Just found out the BKN do have their own pick this year. It’s just a swap with Houston

Which makes their moves even dumber. Could have tried dropping in the standings and still gotten a top 5 pick with good players and tons of picks.

I wanna say he gives it another year, but you never know.

I guess the T'Wolves can sell they got back multi-time all star Julius Randle for him.
If that’s the best they can do then they should definitely just hold on to him. I’m not a KAT fan but definitely not taking Randle as a centerpiece for any deal

Thunder sitting on literally 34 picks (15 first, 19 seconds) and all we did was get rid of our 2nd best 3pt shooter and team vet (Kenrich Williams is now the oldest at 28) who also actually wants to be here and Bazley who was an rfa anyways, to bring in a guy who we cut 3 yrs ago for being g league fodder and a Euro with no acls, neither of which are even likely to suit up. Oh, and also added 2 more worthless 2nd rd picks from the team with the best record so its going to be pick 60

Last edited:
It’s really amazing how people treat Julius Randle. Like he has huge flaws but he’s objectively been very good now for a while.

Meanwhile, RJ Barrett is a very bad at basketball and also doesn’t even pass the eye test like a Cam Reddish can. He’s so limited offensively, can’t shoot, tunnel vision and maybe the worst touch of a guy as mobile as him that I’ve ever seen.

If we can scam Barrett to the Wolves for Kat I do that without blinking.

I wouldn’t really trade OG just to do it either tbh.

The issue is what direction are the raptors taking? They're stuck in limbo and no decision is being made to either tank or compete. They might lose Gary Trent and FVV for nothing. They could have traded good value for Lowry but decided to stand pat and got a lot less in return in the offseason.

They're a play-in team and with the trade of Poeltl (also a free agent this summer), they doubled down on being a middle-of-the-pack team.

I don't get it.

It’s really amazing how people treat Julius Randle. Like he has huge flaws but he’s objectively been very good now for a while.

Meanwhile, RJ Barrett is a very bad at basketball and also doesn’t even pass the eye test like a Cam Reddish can. He’s so limited offensively, can’t shoot, tunnel vision and maybe the worst touch of a guy as mobile as him that I’ve ever seen.

If we can scam Barrett to the Wolves for Kat I do that without blinking.

The biggest issues with Julius Randall are:

1. He's cast in the wrong role as a #1 guy. If he's your best player, you're bound to be frustrated. I think he could thrive on a team with better shooting and a true alpha #1.

2. He a regular season player, not playoff player. He's easy to scheme against in a seven game series. There's no wonder why he looked terrible in the playoffs. His shooting isn't consistent enough and as a big, he's not a good rim defender so it's easy to play him off the court.

Back
Top Bottom