The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

20230224_110318.jpg

:sick: :sick:

Pop going hard for his new Timmy

Today’s hoopers got all these trainers, low carb diet, Serge Ibaka eats Giraffe testicles and eel poop….. and they STILL miss 30 games.

Today’s player ain’t durable at all despite all these elite trainers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gil smoking dirt weed

Today’s hooper ain’t even got open availability :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Job application: “I need rotating weekends, I need two Saturdays off per month. In the fall, I can only work the morning shift, no evenings.”

F*****outtahere

Today’s hoopers got all these trainers, low carb diet, Serge Ibaka eats Giraffe testicles and eel poop….. and they STILL miss 30 games.

Today’s player ain’t durable at all despite all these elite trainers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gil smoking dirt weed

Job application: “I need rotating weekends, I need two Saturdays off per month. In the fall, I can only work the morning shift, no evenings.”

F*****outtahere

Old head energy.

Gil smoking dirt weed

F*****outtahere
they aint never had to walk to 6 miles in the snow just to get to school...uphill

How old are you?

I understand it’s a different era. It’s great technology has improved and guys can recover faster and play longer. I also understand the average player moves way more than guys did in the 80s and 90s. And I’m not even a fan of load management like that either. Half of it comes from the organization but fans are so trained to blame the players when it likely not all on them. EYE know giannis and Jokic going to thug it out every night they can. Tatum has only missed 4 games this season. Dudes get mad at Kawhi and them but then want to fantasize about penny and grant hill as what could have beens

Going to a funny end to the season as teams start dropping out of the playoff race and deliberately tank
Where Justin patton at?

All this debate on how to make the all star game relevant. Why don’t they go back to east and west and winner gets home court in the Finals like how it was in baseball? I feel like that could solve the problem.

I understand it’s a different era. It’s great technology has improved and guys can recover faster and play longer. I also understand the average player moves way more than guys did in the 80s and 90s. And I’m not even a fan of load management like that either. Half of it comes from the organization but fans are so trained to blame the players when it likely not all on them. EYE know giannis and Jokic going to thug it out every night they can. Tatum has only missed 4 games this season. Dudes get mad at Kawhi and them but then want to fantasize about penny and grant hill as what could have beens

NBA careers have also been reduced to what have they done in the playoffs. People saying player x shouldn't win this regular season award cause they lost in the 2nd round last year.

People really going to give Pelinka credit for trading away Russ but wanted to blame Bron for acquiring him.

That's some crazy job security. Dude cleaned up his own mess.
we giving him credit for surrounding bron with quality depth and not gutting the team (present and future) to give bron kyrie

The worst part of all the rest/load management is it doesn’t even prevent injuries. That’s why it’s an issue.

NBA careers have also been reduced to what have they done in the playoffs. People saying player x shouldn't win this regular season award cause they lost in the 2nd round last year.

Is this a new phenomenon? I'd say it's quite the opposite, players get celebrated for being great while not winning a damn thing. Get elevated over guys who were able to consistently be on the floor and produce during both the regular season and playoffs. Isn't that what separates the elite from just the very good? Part of it is the endurance and being able to sustain peak performance. The advances in medicine, technology, travel, etc. really no excuse for these dudes to be sitting healthy enough to play as much as they do.

Back
Top Bottom