The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Players don’t take the regular season as seriously as they did before . It would make sense for them not to give a single **** about the ASG . Since the media and fans in general have devalued regular season success .

Reactions: OTG
Players don’t take the regular season as seriously as they did before . It would make sense for them not to give a single **** about the ASG . Since the media and fans in general have devalued regular season success .

Outside of the ASG, I don’t even think this is true. We get all kinds of memes of frustrated players losing “meaningless” games all of the time. Lebron almost had a stroke on a non call. AD couldn’t even celebrate the scoring record being broken because they had lost 4 in a row.

Is this a new phenomenon? I'd say it's quite the opposite, players get celebrated for being great while not winning a damn thing. Get elevated over guys who were able to consistently be on the floor and produce during both the regular season and playoffs. Isn't that what separates the elite from just the very good? Part of it is the endurance and being able to sustain peak performance. The advances in medicine, technology, travel, etc. really no excuse for these dudes to be sitting healthy enough to play as much as they do.
Social media and the hot take First Take/Skip era has intensified this x1000. Don’t really see how that’s debatable

By0Z2m7IYAA_L6X.png

Is this a new phenomenon? I'd say it's quite the opposite, players get celebrated for being great while not winning a damn thing. Get elevated over guys who were able to consistently be on the floor and produce during both the regular season and playoffs. Isn't that what separates the elite from just the very good? Part of it is the endurance and being able to sustain peak performance. The advances in medicine, technology, travel, etc. really no excuse for these dudes to be sitting healthy enough to play as much as they do.

The league named Shaq a top 50 player all time like 3 years into his career.

Social media and the hot take First Take/Skip era has intensified this x1000. Don’t really see how that’s debatable

I asked is this a something new or not? It being intensified in this era doesn't mean it never happened before.

The league named Shaq a top 50 player all time like 3 years into his career.

Cool. Shaq also was out there on the court playing damn near every game those years without a lot of the luxuries these new players have.

Not saying players don’t care. Of course they do they just don’t care as much. Number of games played by the stars are down. Minutes are down etc.

But he was crowned before accomplishing anything. That’s the point you made

I would say in 5 years winning Rookie of the Year, 5x All Star, 4x All NBA and making it to the finals in his 3rd year wasn't anything. And he wasn't elevated over his contemporaries ie Hakeem who were winning at the same juncture.

Had an Olympic gold medal, Finals appearance and scoring title by then no?

On top of all his college accolades
They counted his college and Olympic stuff toward his NBA career? Look Shaq was already on pace, I get it. But the same old head energy being applied now was happening then.

Too much smoke for this not to happen. We just need to secure wemby. Do the right thing, Silver

Facts. They only want to take it serious when they need to win 15 of their last 16 games to get in the playoffs cause they tricked off the whole season.

Back
Top Bottom