The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Not really. Those Ben and Joel teams were blowing teams out in the 3rd quarter. Let’s not act like those teams didn’t consistently win 50+ games

The sixers nowadays like to play zero defense in the first half which lets teams get big leads then they have to fight back. That won’t work with the top teams

Dude...are you serious? Yes, we would blow teams out but when it mattered most, in those close games against top teams, it was a grueling experience to watch Ben dribble to half-court then hand it over to JJ Reddick to make a play.

Jimmy was the only one who could take the game over then, but that was just half a season.

And of course we don't want to be down early, we had come back from double-digit deficits against the top teams like the Bucks last week and Denver earlier on. I think you're missing the point that the Sixers can actually close games now unlike in the past.

Alternate timeline Mavs big 3

1678824896846.jpeg

Damn, I didn't know Steph was 35. Bruh gettin up there. Gotta continue to give him his flowers while he's still playin.

2009 draft wow...that's when I immigrated to Canada...I remember back in the middle east I was staying up in the AM to watch Steph live at Davidson. Time flies and who knows how many good years he has left in him.

I hope he is. Richaun Holmes production completely vanished when Domas came on board.
Yea sucks/surprised how much he’s fallen out of their rotation. That push shot is like %92 haha. But gotta run the same style offense Saboner does instead of the pick n roll he thrives in.

pick goes to Knicks

It's top 10 protected, though. Only a 1.5 game gap between them & Toronto.
EASY gap to clear if Luka and Ky aren't on the court ASAP.

Could easily lose to the Spurs with what we've got right now. Then Lakers, Grizz, Dubs and a double dip with Charlotte and those back to backs are always goofy.

Good time to rest JB & get more Deuce mins.

Awesome having Breen call the game w/ his firsthand knowledge on Deuce. With more minutes, he’s an all defense caliber guy, straight from the 🐐 on the mic.

Son is the goods and can most certainly score despite the %s. He’s just buried behind very good vets and Quick for now.

Like almost every other player, going from playing every nite w/ ball in your hands to sparingly playing off-guard isn’t gonna be a smooth transition.

Those microwave scorers off the bench are a special breed.

Today's Athletic NBA pod had a very interesting take on Jokic and the MVP race. They said that the pool of MVP candidates is the smallest it's ever been because the majority of NBA superstars are load managing or missing games to the injury. Jokic is putting himself in good position to win MVP year after year not only because of his elite play but because he's one of the few superstars who still plays 75+ games per season.

Contrast that with prior eras we're basically every NBA superstar played 70+ games so the potential pool of players considered for the MVP was much larger. It's an interesting take.

Back
Top Bottom