The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

You know whats real funny

When that 8 game win streak my sixers had
It GOT REAL QUIET FROM THOse EMBIID HATERS IN HERE

I'm genuinely confused as to why there is so much pushback against Joel Embiid getting MVP consideration. Him and Giannis have shown to be better than everybody else this season.

I am just interested to see if THOSE people keep the same energy when Embiid wins MVP and then disappoints in the playoffs as always.

I think that’s his point :lol:
Yes I’m aware. Which is why Jokic won the last two and Embiid is going to win this year.

I’m mostly just mocking some of the village idiots that have insinuated that depth of playoff runs should play a major role in the voting.

storm2006 storm2006

My bad famb. Right now I’m like a PlayStation 2 that’s been on way too so I’m still loading this AM :lol: I was nodding off on a call when I typed that Reaves take but ima stand on that one doe :lol:

If Jokic plays exactly the same, Denver will get eliminated not entirely, but largely because of his defense. If Embiid plays the same, the Sixers should have a shot to make the Finals. Problem is Embiid always tapers off in the postseason. But just based on regular season performance, Jokic is not a championship player. If we're gonna talk about playoffs and rings

Yes I’m aware. Which is why Jokic won the last two and Embiid is going to win this year.

I’m mostly just mocking some of the village idiots that have insinuated that depth of playoff runs should play a major role in the voting.

storm2006 storm2006
Ok I gotcha. But I think you're being disingenuous here. Most people weren't saying that, I think people simply didn't think Jokic should've been MVP twice. One maybe, but 2? There has never been a time where I ever thought Jokic was better than Giannis or Embiid and I'm aware that the award doesn't necessarily always go to the best player but, for me, you can't be giving dudes multiple awards like that when there's a player at his position who is superior and has the same amount of playoff success.

Word on the street is the MVP is for regular season, which would indicate Embiid, Giannis and Jokic should all be considered.

What's the playoff talk for?

He always jumps off the screen physically. Still inconsistent whenever he has to make a decision beyond finishing after catching the ball on the short roll, but you hope that’ll come with more reps. Still a lot to be excited about.

You see him putting it together in real time. Which is cool to see. Def can see the improvement coming with reps. He looks much more comfortable and decisive on where to be, and to keep the ball moving. Which is good, because he was only taught how to be an on ball creator up to him getting to the league, just based off his talent and gifts.

The rim pressure threat he’s becoming is something the Warriors have been missing. That and the swing forward who can get a tough two. With Wiggins missing, it’s cool to see Kuminga start to fill some of that role. Love where he’s growing defensively. Legit got stopper potential.

Jokic and Embiid both have 0 rings and 0 conference championships. Losing later is "success?" Also, it's a regular season award.
His numbers go up and efficiency is better. I know there’s a desire to make things black and white to dumb down the argument, but we can still look at how both have performed. Not that difficult.

Also, Perk was right. Guys like JJ and Malone can get defensive and cry about it but at least 70% of the people voting for MVP are white. That's inherently biased no matter how you slice it. We can pretend like that doesn't play a part in the hype Jokic gets and the way his flaws are downplayed

Back
Top Bottom