The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Jake Fischer insinuating there's chatter Ty Lue might resign depending on how the Clippers season goes.
He doesn’t seem to be having a whole lot of fun this season. He took a game off the other day because he “wasn’t feeling well”

What sport is Trae Young playing out there? This is more embarrassing. All from the same game too :sick:

He’s playing TUFF PHYSICAL BASKETBALL. If you slow those clips down in ultra slow motion you can see he was hit with a sledgehammer on those plays. The human EYE can’t keep up with what’s happen with Trae but I’m very proud of him. When Coach Larry Brown implored players to “Play the Right Way” I have no doubt that he is somewhere 😊 from 👂 to 👂 watching Trae ball out.

Lamb was primed and ready to the Melo had the foul been called :lol:

1679568247699.gif

cuban should include this clip as a part of his claim about poor officiating

Question some white people and THIS year it’s nasty

I don't understand. Is Jokic above critique? Jokic is just now receiving criticism meanwhile cats like Bron, KD, Westbrook, Steph, Kyrie, AD etc been dealing with it for most their careers... Hell Kawhi doesn't even talk and this dude gets criticized lol. These folks always show their entitlement. Jokic is a public figure who plays sports, he's not above criticism. Malone sound like he bout to cry.

You do know, that Steph/KD and MANY other players have said the same thing. Almost verbatim about the NBA MVP conversation, tearing down players….that Michael Malone just did.

In fact, many of the people that liked you and K Kierris weird post…Also expressed the exact same sentiment on this very forum…many times over the years.

So what was it based on then? You just said all these articles were repeating information from the ESPN poll. And what exactly is Malone not wrong about? You're still not saying anything

Him being the 2X reigning MVP, and having a great season.

I simply asked you why you posted that screenshot from a February poll, that was cited in a number of different news outlets…

When Jokic had been already an MVP candidate, (and MVP :lol:) before a stupid ESPN you cite as the reason his candidacy was “based on”

And I answered your question multiple times. We can drop it.

Knicks fans .. your boy on Twitter on his feelings again

he unliked that post. he knows people are watching tho. he's done this **** several times in the last few years. it's immature at best

he ain't a good enough center to be making passive/aggressive demands like this -
doesn't put up points like heavyweight centers in the league, doesn't defend the perimeter very well, often gets bumped out the paint with ease by lesser opponents, etc

You do know, that Steph/KD and MANY other players have said the same thing. Almost verbatim about the NBA MVP conversation, tearing down players….that Michael Malone just did.

In fact, many of the people that liked you and K Kierris weird post…Also expressed the exact same sentiment on this very forum…many times over the years.
But Mike is only saying this now because his star player is on the receiving end of criticism. He was just bumping his gums a few weeks back. I just don't think he would've said this if Jokic was the clear cut MVP favorite.

Him being the 2X reigning MVP, and having a great season.

I simply asked you why you posted that screenshot from a February poll, that was cited in a number of different news outlets…

When Jokic had been already an MVP candidate, (and MVP :lol:) before a stupid ESPN you cite as the reason his candidacy was “based on”

And I answered your question multiple times. We can drop it.
Jokic was never the runaway candidate based on his performance. That was a narrative based on one poll that everyone ran with. Malone said like 10 different things and you said he's not wrong. Still not clear on what you're taking about but ok

So that would mean it didn’t just start this year and it's not unique to Big Joke so Malone is actually..wrong

Michael Malone, a white guy in his 50s, was very specific to contrast this year vs the last 2 years when he said it was ugly and nasty

there clearly are a lot of problems.. white men in their 50s have played significant roles in many of them

he unliked that post. he knows people are watching tho. he's done this **** several times in the last few years. it's immature at best

he ain't a good enough center to be making passive/aggressive demands like this -
doesn't put up points like heavyweight centers in the league, doesn't defend the perimeter very well, often gets bumped out the paint with ease by lesser opponents, etc
Yeah I saw him mentioned he wants to be featured more in the offense but I've watched Mitch a few times and "offensive powerhouse" didn't come to mind. Maybe I'm missing something... He could possibly be a good pick n roll guy but the few times I've watched him, he doesn't seem to roll when he's supposed to. Knicks should probably test the market for him this off-season.

IATT IATT K Kierris

The NBA players association (led by Chris Paul), started an entire “Players Choice Award” and show in 2015…and gave James Harden the MVP award, because they felt Steph Curry should not have won it.

28243E16-2FFB-4CAE-8168-9F6B0942881A.png

This is the reason why the NBA MVP award is now given AFTER the playoffs, as opposed to a week or two after the regular season.

C48A572A-4820-4C45-8F92-13073ECAB098.png

Those are actual real things that have happened and have consequences on what we see today, how we view the award etc.

They even had a huge show on BET and everything :lol:

Yeah I saw him mentioned he wants to be featured more in the offense but I've watched Mitch a few times and "offensive powerhouse" didn't come to mind. Maybe I'm missing something... He could possibly be a good pick n roll guy but the few times I've watched him, he doesn't seem to roll when he's supposed to. Knicks should probably test the market for him this off-season.
ultimately it's thibodeau's fault for his noted lack of flexibility and creativity to adjust to in game situations that can create opportunities for a player like mitch robinson, but also a player has to show and prove with this type of set in his ways coach and mitch rob hasn't really done that to warrant that attention he seeks

Michael Malone, a white guy in his 50s, was very specific to contrast this year vs the last 2 years when he said it was ugly and nasty

there clearly are a lot of problems.. white men in their 50s have played significant roles in many of them

I don’t disagree with you on your premise. What he said, is NOT WRONG.

And many have been saying the exact same thing for YEAAAAAARSSSSS. Just look in this thread.

Big problem with the nba media is how Toxic it has been. Especially over the last couple of seasons. In regards to this very topic too.

Mike Malone sound just like these Jokic super fans. When people put Jokic under the microscope and point out his flaws, same **** every superstar goes through. It's a big problem.

They want him to just be this underdog story, unathletic, not supposed to be here, don't criticize him.

IATT IATT K Kierris

The NBA players association (led by Chris Paul), started an entire “Players Choice Award” and show in 2015…and gave James Harden the MVP award, because they felt Steph Curry should not have won it.

28243E16-2FFB-4CAE-8168-9F6B0942881A.png

This is the reason why the NBA MVP award is now given AFTER the playoffs, as opposed to a week or two after the regular season.

C48A572A-4820-4C45-8F92-13073ECAB098.png

Those are actual real things that have happened and have consequences on what we see today, how we view the award etc.

They even had a huge show on BET and everything :lol:

You’re talking about things that happened

Malone specifically spoke of this year being nasty and ugly vs the recent past

As I said above, there are clear issues.. but that white man in his 50s is just now, this season, observing in his words “nasty” and “ugly”

What EYE am saying is, big Jokic absurdly high advanced metrics is inflated because big man assists is the most value stat in the formula

Big Jokic got elite barbershop numbers but the blog boy hella inflated lol

But the blog boy numbers, are GOOD basketball things, that help teams win….and therefore, display Jokic value. Him, Embiid & Giannis have had straight up absurd years.

Big Man blocks and rebounds are weighted heavily in certain “Advanced analytics” too. Same with other stats that inflate/deflate depending on position/role. You could used that “hella inflated” for damn near anybody.

Selective politickin

Back
Top Bottom