The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

You’re talking about things that happened

Malone specifically spoke of this year being nasty and ugly vs the recent past

As I said above, there are clear issues.. but that white man in his 50s is just now, this season, observing in his words “nasty” and “ugly”

Well, this year IS nasty and ugly. The convo took a turn it hadn’t in the past two years (although it was slightly hinted at).

We were saying it was nasty/toxic IN HERE during that time. Many were saying it all over. Years before, and years present etc.

You’re assigning Malones motivations based on the fact he’s a 50 year old white man. I won’t argue against that :lol:….but what he’s saying, he’s not wrong.

I don’t disagree with you on your premise. What he said, is NOT WRONG

It is wrong

He could have spoken about problems on the whole

But he didn’t

He spoke specifically about this season vs the pervious 2 seasons

As with most things with white men in their 50s, looking fondly on the past is convenient

It is wrong

He could have spoken about problems on the whole

But he didn’t

He spoke specifically about this season vs the pervious 2 seasons

As with most things with white men in their 50s, looking fondly on the past is convenient

Was Kendrick Perkins & ESPN & all the other sites doing segments about if Jokic was the leading mvp candidate over the past few seasons due to white voters racism?

If so, I missed it.

Yea this MVP talk has turned nasty.

In reality no one should give this much damns about who wins a regular season award.

Mfers using every possible angle at this point. Both basketball and non-basketball related.

Y’all care way too much about this award my goodness

Nah I don’t

I care about the actions of certain people

Like JJ reddick looking really funny with how defensive he was about inherit biases of a majority white voting base

Mike Malone could have used this opportunity to speak about other players in previous years who got attacked, to the benefit of his guy.. but according to him, the previous 2 years were nirvana

It's the end of the season, this is an NBA threads... MVP talks are gonna come naturally. Now Jokic truthers wanna gatekeep which topics get talked about... Funny how MVP talk is "tired & redundant" when you know your boy isn't gonna win. It's just conversation, y'all easily ignore it if you not interested in talking about it.

Tellin on ya self…

D8BC817C-C868-4822-9BBF-302730AF472E.gif

For wanting props for starting the turn against the Grizz?

I started it 1 series before Dubs fans. :lol:

But I seriously can't stand that team and Ja's the leader, so...he wants this redemption story, but it's forced fr.

Nah I don’t

I care about the actions of certain people

Like JJ reddick looking really funny with how defensive he was about inherit biases of a majority white voting base

Mike Malone could have used this opportunity to speak about other players in previous years who got attacked, to the benefit of his guy.. but according to him, the previous 2 years were nirvana

In the 2020-2021 season, and the 2021-2022 season…

Were pundits in the National Media, insinuating that the reason Nikola Jokic was a leading MVP candidate is dude to him benefiting from being a white European?

This year def took a turn in that direction. It’s unmistakable. Assign to that what you want. It does not mean Michael Malone is “wrong” about his observation.

Simple

So what I've gathered is that MVP talks have always been nasty and ugly but white people are only upset this time because the elephant in the room was finally addressed. Racial biases exist even if we aren't aware of it consciously. I totally understand what Kendrick was trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom