The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

So what I've gathered is that MVP talks have always been nasty and ugly but white people are only upset this time because the elephant in the room was finally addressed. Racial biases exist even if we aren't aware of it consciously. I totally understand what Kendrick was trying to say.

“The elephant in the room”.

There we go. Let’s unpack. Kinda wanna get DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican & osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh in here, for a fuller discussion on race/stereotypes/perception etc in basketball….Because we can go there :nerd:

Not for nothing, each player that is not your stereotypical “NBA MVP” (6’6 Wing/Big/African American) deals this in their own unique way.

Two ex:

Giannis - Xenophobia
Steph - Soft/LightSkin/Shooter
Bird caught the same Jokic **** in the 80s.

We can make another thread about this topic, for those interested.

Who winning the other awards?

Lauri probably got MIP on lock. Brunson woulda have been the pick there
6th man of the year?

“The elephant in the room”.

There we go. Let’s unpack. Kinda wanna get DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican & osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh in here, for a fuller discussion on race/stereotypes/perception etc in basketball….Because we can go there :nerd:

Not for nothing, each player that is not your stereotypical “NBA MVP” (6’6 Wing/Big/African American) deals this in their own unique way.

Two ex:

Giannis - Xenophobia
Steph - Soft/LightSkin/Shooter
Bird caught the same Jokic **** in the 80s.

We can make another thread about this topic, for those interested.

You don't wanna do this.

EYE got time today. Going to send this thread to purgatory

nuggets were the 6th seed, we’ve seen what has been said about other MVPs whose teams weren’t higher seeds

Seems like a perfect opportunity Michael Malone could have used to reference past ugliness.. past nastiness

Jokic's MVP last year and Russ's MVP are the same.

THEY got mad at me for saying it though.

But the blog boy numbers, are GOOD basketball things, that help teams win….and therefore, display Jokic value. Him, Embiid & Giannis have had straight up absurd years.

Big Man blocks and rebounds are weighted heavily in certain “Advanced analytics” too. Same with other stats that inflate/deflate depending on position/role. You could used that “hella inflated” for damn near anybody.

Selective politickin
I have an agenda to run so yes, selective politickin

nuggets were the 6th seed, we’ve seen what has been said about other MVPs whose teams weren’t higher seeds

Seems like a perfect opportunity Michael Malone could have used to reference past ugliness.. past nastiness
Because he had two max contracts sitting on the sidelines, which went into his argument for the MVP.

and you just proved my point. This year specifically, the conversation took a turn. I think it’s “toxic” and “nasty” for how they tear down players, the whole convo about it etc etc. Does Michael Malone prolly have some racial bias? Of f’n course. Assign to that what you will.

Is his observation, that the nba mvp talk this year has taken a turn it hasn’t in the last two seasons wrong?

No! That F’n simple.

I have an agenda to run so yes, selective politickin

If only there were more users like us who were at least honest about their viewpoints.

But they hide behind the veil of pretending to be objective basketball fans so they can praise their favorites and slander players who are direct competition of them.

3f9426af-32a3-4b71-96ce-21ac5e27edda_text.gif

Back
Top Bottom