The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

wavycrocket wavycrocket Sympathy MVP while discussing Playoff stats for an MVP award isn't "Nasty" or "Toxic"?

Or is it ok cause it's cool to dunk on Russ?

1679591388114.png
Wavywestbrook.png

I still believe all of this. Look at my post below. Now go into the 2016-2017 thread, and watch me make the exact same arguments regarding Russ. Calling him “deserving” but a selfish stat padder who benefited from a sympathy narrative.

Going back n forth with MVP MVP and them.

Sympathy and fake MVP

Joker 2022 award definitely would fit that exact same narrative one would surmise.

Beyond Perk correctly pointing out the inherent bias that does exist, it was also the seemingly changing of the rules where other players postseason success or lack thereof was often brought up as a factor as to why they shouldn't win the MVP award even though it is a regular season award. But Joker the rules for a while didn't apply given how runaway of a lead he had.

Sympathy and fake MVP

Joker 2022 award definitely would fit that exact same narrative one would surmise.

Beyond Perk correctly pointing out the inherent bias that does exist, it was also the seemingly changing of the rules where other players postseason success or lack thereof was often brought up as a factor as to why they shouldn't win the MVP award even though it is a regular season award. But Joker the rules for a while didn't apply given how runaway of a lead he had.

Joker 2022 = Russ 2017

Thunder got the best young core? Having Shai jump into a Top 10-12ish player this season kinda a cheat code if I was to rank em'

I still really like the Magic though. Detroit not too far behind for me

Guess Rockets next

SGA
J Dub
Giddey
Chet

They already ahead of schedule too. They could be scary down the line, probably sooner than we think. Especially if Mann develops too, and Chet lives up.

That’s a crazy crop of young talent at the right time putting it together

SGA
J Dub
Giddey
Chet

They already ahead of schedule too. They could be scary down the line, probably sooner than we think. Especially if Mann develops too, and Chet lives up.

That’s a crazy crop of young talent at the right time putting it together

Word. Craziest part is they did their rebuild in 2 years.

. What Michael Malone said about the turn in the mvp discussion this season is “not wrong”.

It changed. We saw it. We said the same things. You just tripping because HE SAID IT.

The only that has changed is those with influence and who can actually vote on the award getting called out

people have always been convenient with their arguments regarding the MVP award.. And players have always gotten heat

i could only imagine if Malone and jokic had to deal with the things that got said to and about bird, nash and/or dirk

The higher usage, point guard who plays more minutes with the ball in his hands, drives more, attempts more etc…

But sure. It’s just because the warriors Jack up threes. Sure

the way steph sells a lot on his 3pt attempts youd think he'd get more FT's
also, no way steph getting calls on his drives cause dray makes sure to block anyone from being near him

amirite

Back
Top Bottom