The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Coaches have relationships to maintain also. All these guys have egos. Sometimes you have to give them a fair shake to prove how trash they are before just kicking them to the bench

Luka isn’t working off the ball. That’s never going to happen.
What I mean is Joker will. He would play off Luka just fine. He doesn't need to hold on to the ball to create offense with Luka being your primary

Their fit on offense will never be a problem. What you surround them on defense is

They're not 'similarly not good' at rim protecting. Opponents shoot better than average against Jokic at the rim and worse than average against Embiid. And they hunt Jokic more often at the rim
The % are literally both in the 60s w/in 6 ft of the rim

The % are literally both in the 60s w/in 6 ft of the rim
Opponents shoot 0.8% better than average against Jokic and -1.7% worse against Embiid. The gap between their defensive FG% is 16 centers. Meaning if Embiid's DFG% was #1, Jokic would be #16. Giannis has my vote anyway

Opponents shoot 0.8% better than average against Jokic and -1.7% worse against Embiid. The gap between their defensive FG% is 16 centers. Meaning if Embiid's DFG% was #1, Jokic would be #16. Giannis has my vote anyway
Would love to see these #s. But you’re telling me that we’re getting video montages to see that Jokic is near the league average at expected % defended at the rim? And the actual FG% at w/in 6 ft of the rim is in the 60s for both guys?

Lakers only 2 games out of the 4th seed in the loss column and are 12-6 in their last 18 since removing the cancer, good enough for a 55-win pace.

Reaction from the rest of the Western Conference: "fxxk me"

Would love to see these #s. But you’re telling me that we’re getting video montages to see that Jokic is near the league average at expected % defended at the rim? And the actual FG% at w/in 6 ft of the rim is in the 60s for both guys?
Over the last 10 games Jokic's DFG% is 73.3% which is about bottom 3 in the league over that span. Embiid is at 61.9%. That's a gap of 22 centers. They're not similar

Damn, now even the H

I’ve been thinking about the similarities between the two (refs and cops) but didn’t want to derail the thread or have to explain the merit of the analogy at a high level. Glad I’m not the only who sees it out there

I thought refs were “Narcs in training” since like 5th grade….

So I’ve always seen a personality trait resemblance.

So now you’re doing SoHi Samples to compare the entire year’s body of work?
You brought up the video montages. Those are from the past 10 games AFAIK. I already broke down the entire year. Just because they're both in the 60s does not mean they're similar. Post All Star Jokic is at 70.4% to Embiid's 62.7%, a gap of 20 centers. Post all star performance has always been important in the MVP race.

But I'm genuinely curious...if you didn't have these numbers and you completely dismissed the actual game film, what were you even basing your opinion on?

Most likely will be a sign & trade to wherever Kyrie wants to go so the Mavs get at least some assets back.

But that still won’t be enough.

Mavs are so F’d. They’ve gambled so much and are about to lose every bet they made since drafting Luka.

money is going to be printed this off-season. just read this forbes' article on Kyrie's contract situation

A four-year deal could net Irving $210.11 million. However, he is eligible for a five-year, $272.92 million maximum contract if he re-signs with the Mavericks. The most any other organization would be able to offer him in free agency is four years and $201.67 million.

that S&T sounds super likely, unless cuban is willing to pay a luxury tax. Mavs gonna re-sign Wood, too? if they go the S&T route, I'm legit curious as to which contenders will have enough cap space to take on kyrie's contract if it's ~5years/$250 million? not to mention, they'll have to send dallas a bunch of draft capital + depth?

like you said, mavs might've F'd themselves dating back to not re-signing brunson.

Last edited:
Bucks Nuggets tomorrow?

Agendas loading

anime-gun.gif

Going to be a great weekend

As a Laker fan, I feel like Donald Trump when he aced the dementia test.

Man, Woman, TV, Car...

We're at .500, babeeeeey. The champagne is flowing and some cars are about to get tipped over.

I just read about Kyrie's new nickname, "Allen Ivermectin." Brilliant.

I can't wait to see what Dallas' glass canon backcourt does, get crushed in the first round, a Finals appearance? We'll just have to wait and see.

Damn, now even the H

I’ve been thinking about the similarities between the two (refs and cops) but didn’t want to derail the thread or have to explain the merit of the analogy at a high level. Glad I’m not the only who sees it out there

King, king, king, sports and politics have been mixed up since like the Nika Riots in the 6th Century. I'm curious to read your argument because you're a smart guy.

My current opinion on the refs is that they are not like the cops in that the few bad apple refs do get removed and disciplined. I feel like current NBA refs try to stay in the background. If anything they are like social workers for star players who commit what was once consider offensive fouls. :lol:

I'm really curious on your take because I'm not firmly committed to this current position at all.

Back
Top Bottom