The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

New CBA is basically “make sure the Warriors don’t happen again” :lol:

Mavs ended up only losing by 7 but this team is unserious

Every CBA is a reaction to big events since the last CBA. Our current CBA was a reaction to LeBron and the decision which ushered in the player empowerment era. This brought us the supermax contract as a way to provide financial incentive to keep players with their current team.

A couple of CBAs ago we got shorter contracts because guys in the '90s and early 2000s were signing 6-7 year contracts, either getting injured or underperforming and strapping the team for the next half decade.

I'm sure something big is going to happen in the next couple of years which will greatly influence the CBA we sign in 2030

KI is likely leaving. Will Luka ask for a trade?

People keep saying that Kyrie is likely leaving. I'm sure he would like to leave but I can't think of any suitors who would want him, especially at the prices offering. I think Kyrie will resign with Dallas because they are the only team that will give him his money. The Lakers have already said they're not interested

dahell2.png

Can someone explain to me how this will work? Seems like this would be a conflict of interest in some situations, especially with the amount of player movement going on. Imagine you play for the Charlotte hornets but you are financially invested in The team you were just traded from, the San Antonio Spurs. Does this create a massive conflict of interest? You play for one team yet you are financially invested in another team in the same league.

Damn near every Mavs loss since the calendar turned could've been won if they rebounded at even a halfway passable rate.

Dudes been blown out like twice since the calendar turned - both in Portland with Luka out pre-trade. They're in every single game and just can't get stops and when they do they give up at least one second opportunity.

Painfully obvious they know they got no answers and dudes are just out there getting cardio in.

Can someone explain to me how this will work? Seems like this would be a conflict of interest in some situations, especially with the amount of player movement going on. Imagine you play for the Charlotte hornets but you are financially invested in The team you were just traded from, the San Antonio Spurs. Does this create a massive conflict of interest? You play for one team yet you are financially invested in another team in the same league.

I would hope the league would mirror corporate America and do what they do if you leave one company to go to a competitor - you would be required to divest your entire stake in your former employer. Smart move on the league’s behalf because in some cases that may sway players to stay.

Back
Top Bottom