The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The optics of resting players for draft position sucks but it's completely legal & within the rules.

Only issue I have is Silver & the league continuing to say they take issues like this seriously then the punishment is never anything of significance. If you want to really curb tanking or tampering, you have to come down harder.
changing the draft odds and adding the play in does that, though. This year has a generational talent at the top of it and the Mavs were in a unique position. Teams are always going to have to do their own cost/benefit analysis at the end of the day. You can’t single out the Mavs and come down hard and then let the teams who were blatantly tanking all year skate free.

changing the draft odds and adding the play in does that, though. This year has a generational talent at the top of it and the Mavs were in a unique position. Teams are always going to have to do their own cost/benefit analysis at the end of the day. You can’t single out the Mavs and come down hard and then let the teams who were blatantly tanking all year skate free.

I actually think nick. nick. ’s issue isn’t with the Mavs but moreso the league. IMO, and I think we all see the problem, is that it would be unfair to start a certain team to draw the line with. This would need to be ratified in the CBA imo in order for it for it to be fair

Respectfully, what do you think the fine or penalty should be? As mentioned, teams such as Pelicans who are lauded for their upcoming draft haul have been just as blatant but now we draw the line at Mark Cuban and the Mavericks?

All season my main 50 grand @datznasty has been warning of us a mysterious Shai shutdown - like previous years - but it doesn’t for once. However, it was such a regular occurrence that he expected it all throughout SGA’s 1st Team All-NBA season. But we want to crucify Cuban who has fielded a league leading competitive team for ever two decades? That isn’t fair.

Fine them cap-wise.

Outta HS w/ both arms sleeved up? Celebrity for a good while now & still under 18, I presume.

Who didn’t see something like this coming?

Where are this dude’s parents?

He doesn’t have any good ppl in his camp :smh:

I actually think nick. nick. ’s issue isn’t with the Mavs but moreso the league. IMO, and I think we all see the problem, is that it would be unfair to start a certain team to draw the line with. This would need to be ratified in the CBA imo in order for it for it to be fair
I guess I’m less worried about it than others. I saw Hollinger suggest only being able to add protections to picks 1-4 and 10-14 in the lottery for trading purposes. The flattening of the lottery odds was a big step. There’s legit no perfect solution when you have 30 owners with different goals. Everyone isn’t trying to win a title.

I guess I’m less worried about it than others. I saw Hollinger suggest only being able to add protections to picks 1-4 and 10-14 in the lottery for trading purposes. The flattening of the lottery odds was a big step. There’s legit no perfect solution when you have 30 owners with different goals. Everyone isn’t trying to win a title.

Butttt when you think about it, there really has been no consistent dynasty other than the Lakers who lowkey got lucky in a lot of ways. I think it is fine the way it is and Cuban’s decision was a basketball one that other owners make in a lot of different ways. Fore example - suspending Goburt against a hungry LeBron Lakers. Do we really know his intentions? There is too much grey but is real life. Let it be.

Some teams will tank, some teams wi be great and others will tank to be great. It’s like the American business model in some ways

Need Miami to take and accept this L

Rather jump six spots in Lottery than feign the importance of playoff experience for some young guys that won't be on the roster for too long

Lakers played the grizz really well this season. In my hot take opinion, this is an even matchup and could be very competitive. Also, UNC shae about to roll up to a couple gms. Evil Danny green is good for a couple stinkers.

Back
Top Bottom