The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

320x400.jpeg

1667283478016.png

Key words "sitting courtside" i Know its not msg but still

Also crazy how kawhi went from being kinda like the anti-lebron to now being the epitome of everything we cant stand about him. If u cant play a full season anymore retire...

Also crazy how kawhi went from being kinda like the anti-lebron to now being the epitome of everything we cant stand about him. If u cant play a full season anymore retire...

I guess I kind of don't get this because up until Year 16, LeBron was Iron Man which is why he will become the all-time points leader this season. My sleep schedule is ****** up right now so maybe I am not interpreting it correctly :lol:

Kawhi and Yung Socialite have to be the two biggest time wasters in the league but at least Kawhi is good at basketball when he decides to suit up. Kawhi's availability is not as bad as I thought. In terms of games played, since 2017-2018 he's played 11% (last season in SAS), 73% (TOR season), 79% (Bubble season), 72%, 0% (injury) then who knows what this year will look like but it is off to a weird start.

Ideally you want your guy out there for more than 60-65 games but if the rest of your roster is good enough to keep you Top 4 in the conference and it ensures he is ready to go for the playoffs then I could probably allow it.

I guess I kind of don't get this because up until Year 16, LeBron was Iron Man which is why he will become the all-time points leader this season. My sleep schedule is ****ed up right now so maybe I am not interpreting it correctly :lol:

Kawhi and Yung Socialite have to be the two biggest time wasters in the league but at least Kawhi is good at basketball when he decides to suit up. Kawhi's availability is not as bad as I thought. In terms of games played, since 2017-2018 he's played 11% (last season in SAS), 73% (TOR season), 79% (Bubble season), 72%, 0% (injury) then who knows what this year will look like but it is off to a weird start.

Ideally you want your guy out there for more than 60-65 games but if the rest of your roster is good enough to keep you Top 4 in the conference and it ensures he is ready to go for the playoffs then I could probably allow it.

When you put it like that sure, but something irks me about taking PTO and load management in week 2-3 in the season.

I guess I kind of don't get this because up until Year 16, LeBron was Iron Man which is why he will become the all-time points leader this season. My sleep schedule is ****ed up right now so maybe I am not interpreting it correctly :lol:

Yeah all good points i just feel like the season is 82 games. Obviously injuries happen but that is part of the job description. If u cannot do that anymore its best to move on. Clippers are and have been basically held hostage by his knees. Yeah get those checks as long as u can but theres gotta come a point where your honest with yourself and the fans as to whether u can still do this or not.

To be clear - I was not supporting the whole load management concept. If you can play, then you should play (end of season on a good team may be the only reasonable exception). It is totally unacceptable this early. The word "soft" is a bit overused in today's society but 10, 20, 30 years ago at any point during the season dudes were playing through a lot of this "soreness" and "rest" stuff that guys are sitting for now. I would be curious to see the average games per season for starters over time to determine if it has actually dropped significantly or we are just overreacting.

It mostly makes me mad for fans of the home team. Tickets are not cheap and visiting teams come 1-2x per year. It is kind of unfair to them in a way tbh.

Kawhi and Ben Simmons don’t belong in the same sentence. Kawhi is 31 and on the downside of his career….

Ben Simmons has no excuse. He’s just a wussy. Kawhi is injury prone but he’s already earned and achieved many accolades. Ben ain’t did anything in the league except run from the moment.

Kawhi and Ben Simmons don’t belong in the same sentence. Kawhi is 31 and on the downside of his career….

Ben Simmons has no excuse. He’s just a wussy. Kawhi is injury prone but he’s already earned and achieved many accolades. Ben ain’t did anything in the league except run from the moment.

I 100% agree with the points about Kawhi's age and accolades but I still think you can waste people's time being injury prone and load managing which he has done for three years on the Clips. Ben just flat out is not good which is actually worse :lol:

I 100% agree with the points about Kawhi's age and accolades but I still think you can waste people's time being injury prone and load managing which he has done for three years on the Clips. Ben just flat out is not good which is actually worse :lol:

I’m just saying at this point, people should realize that Kawhi will miss time. Just like AD…

Allen Iverson use to miss tons of games. He was also injury prone. He’s got a number of seasons where he only played like 60 games.

Back
Top Bottom