The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Players who really have nothing to do with a particular situation have more to lose than gain by publicly commenting, especially these days when people will immediately start searching a person’s social media history to find something seemingly contradictory or other “but what about” purposes.

This.

I don’t see the urge to want other players to comment on actions of players that aren’t even on their team.

Kyrie
Primo
Bridges
Ime
Dray

Back to back to back bad press. When was the last time the NBA had an image issue this persistent?
Jail Blazers, Ron Artest, Malice at the Palace, Sprewell, Kobe rape case. Shaq vs Kobe.

Players who really have nothing to do with a particular situation have more to lose than gain by publicly commenting, especially these days when people will immediately start searching a person’s social media history to find something seemingly contradictory or other “but what about” purposes.

I agree that there's many PR reasons why a player won't speak about another player.

I'm not trying to compare issues or say "what about ___", but it's just not a good look when, for example, LeBron has this to say about Sarver:

but is mum on other issues. Condemn all of it or none of it.

Don't think I can remember players really speaking out publicly against their contemporaries like that unless they were well on their way out of the league like Kanter.

Don't remember anybody saying anything when Kobe or Rondo made comments they were punished for years back.

Come to think of it, it doesn't really happen much in most leagues at all. If guys have issues with each other they try to handle it behind the scenes/closed doors or on the field/court not out in public for all to see.

Pretty sure Players unions themselves probably advise against that sort of thing
Folks out there are mad that players spoke out against Meyers Leonard and not Irving

Folks out there are mad that players spoke out against Meyers Leonard and not Irving
Did they really?

I know it caught on with the media and on socials and he caught hell but did active players really comment on him during that situation?

Maybe they did but I'm not remembering any instances of anyone speaking out or in defence of him rn off the top of my head.

Did they really?

I know it caught on with the media and on socials and he caught hell but did active players really comment on him during that situation?

Maybe they did but I'm not remembering any instances of anyone speaking out or in defence of him rn off the top of my head.
Same here, I don't know which players were commenting on Leonard. But folks are upset that Irving is being let off the hook by the players

I don’t think players spoke out against Leonard or Isaac.

I do like the players caping for each other, but it goes back to picking and choosing what you want to speak up about.

I honestly don’t remember players really speaking on Leonard either. Way easier to ignore when the player is a bum.

don’t need Bron or anyone speaking out on anything they aren’t educated on or even not feel comfortable about speaking on

Saying something just because you have a platform is about as egregious and some of these idiots making these ridiculous comments.

Nobody is versed on everything and it's fine to focus on issues that affect your community directly as long as it's not at the expense of another, as Myrie, is doing.

Not condoning antisemitism but it’s not Bron’s job to necessarily defend them either. Just like he didn’t speak up for the LGBT when ant man goofed. Just like he didn’t have to say anything for domestic violence survivors in the miles case. Etc. IMO

Wrong is wrong and will get dealt with accordingly.

Bron refused to comment on the China/Daryl Morey situation too. I think he said something generic or politically correct, I don’t remember exactly.

Hes got a PR team and I’m sure he can educate himself fairly quickly if he wanted to say something.

Bron refused to comment on the China/Daryl Morey situation too. I think he said something generic or politically correct, I don’t remember exactly.

Hes got a PR team and I’m sure he can educate himself fairly quickly if he wanted to say something.

A quick education sets you up for failure. It’s ok to stay in your lane

I don't know why but I read the recent Candace Owens Tweet that was somewhat defending Irving

I am beyond confused and exhausted upon reading the replies and sorting through which agendas people are pushing

Seriously, this reminds me of when Irving refused to get vaccinated. You had so many opposing sides mixing together and even then uniting behind Irving's "cause". Outright comedy

I am definitely done with the topic lol. It's utter nonsense in every sense

Lebby learned his lesson. Man’s had to fly cross country and kiss the ring. He staying out of them folk business.

Back
Top Bottom