The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

I mean, I feel like the default should be assuming the other players are not antisemitic and don’t support the content of the movie and therefore they shouldn’t have to come out any say anything about it.

It’s really bizarre to me that so many media members don’t seem to see it that way.
As I said, it's like a bizarro entitlement

"We deserve to hear the players denounce Kyrie!!!!"

The regular folks in the replies are definitely bringing the heat, very disturbing as to where they're taking this

Skip gets credit from me only on serious social matters bc he's a white man speaking out against OTHER white men (usually) on behalf of injustice done to people of color. Props for that.

Homegirl police officer in Dallas shot and killed a black man (Botham Jean) in his apartment bc she thought it was her apartment. At the sentencing, Jean's family approached her and hugged her and forgave her. They forgave her for murder. Not words or a link to a book. But actual murder.

You know who else hugged and forgave her? The judge. You know who else offered support? The officer in court. All black btw.

EF6goWjUUAE0uQ0.jpg

I have yet to see anyone of any other faith, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, step up and put their arm around Kyrie and say "I forgive him" or "Let's move on."

Somehow, I see requests of the black players to comment on the topic which has proven to be a literal fireable offense. :lol:

But yet some people stay preaching about "love your neighbor". Yeah, ok. :lol:

As I said, it's like a bizarro entitlement

"We deserve to hear the players denounce Kyrie!!!!"

The regular folks in the replies are definitely bringing the heat, very disturbing as to where they're taking this

reporters shoving mics up in players faces demanding answers are wrong for their approach. they're just looking for soundbytes, but if a player can't answer a basic question the rest of us would be able to or tries to be coy about it, that's kinda weird and i think it's natural to follow up on given the temp of things

Skip gets credit from me only on serious social matters bc he's a white man speaking out against OTHER white men (usually) on behalf of injustice done to people of color. Props for that.

Homegirl police officer in Dallas shot and killed a black man (Botham Jean) in his apartment bc she thought it was her apartment. At the sentencing, Jean's family approached her and hugged her and forgave her. They forgave her for murder. Not words or a link to a book. But actual murder.

You know who else hugged and forgave her? The judge. You know who else offered support? The officer in court. All black btw.

EF6goWjUUAE0uQ0.jpg

I have yet to see anyone of any other faith, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, step up and put their arm around Kyrie and say "I forgive him" or "Let's move on."

Somehow, I see requests of the black players to comment on the topic which has proven to be a literal fireable offense. :lol:

Then Amber Guyger had the nerve to appeal her already light sentence

EF6goWjUUAE0uQ0.jpg

Jesus, I never knew this about the Dallas incident. I was living in Dallas at the time too. Crazy stuff

I don't forgive Kyrie because I don't think he's sorry. It's as simple as that. I think he's still an arrogant, self righteous clown, who wants everyone to leave him alone when his views upset people but doesn't take responsibility for the platform he has and power he holds.

reporters shoving mics up in players faces demanding answers are wrong for their approach. they're just looking for soundbytes, but if a player can't answer a basic question the rest of us would be able to or tries to be coy about it, that's kinda weird and i think it's natural to follow up on given the temp of things
That's not what's going on though

These media folks are asking players to Tweet or speak out on their own against Irving

I also don't think it's at all weird for a player not answering basic questions about a situation that the player has nothing to do with

I mean, why would a media member ask a random NBA player: "are you antisemitic?". Is that the basic question you're saying should be answered

Other than that Irving should be on his own about his own actions and words

EF6goWjUUAE0uQ0.jpg

It’s the social media age. Either you’re 100000% against someone or 10000000000% against them.

no in between. No space for asking questions either.

:rolleyes They ain't gon tell Silver+their teams they'll sit out as long as Kyrie does tho.

Don't blame them either, considering Kyrie has been out for self with his moves and the various messages he's put out over the years. But them tweeting that **** weak if you ain't got any action behind it.

Back
Top Bottom