The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The thought that there may have been some kind of interest from another team to give this degenerate a job is crazy

And sorry, Minnesota. Almost got out from him

Gilbert comes off scorned.

I do agree Jokic's marketability will always have a dip because his personality doesn't lend to it. He does not want that kind of attention. Not because of playstyle

Other than that Gilbert just sounded bitter I'm ngl

I agree
I agree
Gilbert is scorned
I agree
I agree

What are your thoughts DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ? I come in peace.

The fat man sitting on his couch that doesn't watch basketball has no clue who damn Joker is.

So I agree.

But I also don't think it really MATTERS because the NBA does a solid job of having SOMEONE out there for the casuals to talk about.

Joker is a great talent.
Joker is a great talent.
Joker is a great talent.

Gilbert Arenas is leaning in to his role of giving hot takes.
Gilbert Arenas doesn’t have ‘IT’ to deliver hot takes as a former player. His hot takes sound like they are from the heart and like he’s genuinely scorned whereas Perk is the exact opposite. He sounds like the run of the mill Low IQ fan at home which is why he comes off as likeable and he’s not considered scorned or a hater for his hot takes. Delivery is everything.

I watched the full clip earlier and Gil was speaking from the POV of a NBA exec in trying to sell Jokic to casual America. He gave him his props (although he weirdly thought Jokic was on the back 9 of his career?).

Edit:

You sure? As a wizards fan I think we're stuck forever lol

SmartSelect_20230524-194003_Twitter.jpg
Now he knows the type of haul he should get for Bradley Beal

Gilbert Arenas doesn’t have ‘IT’ to deliver hot takes as a former player. His hot takes sound like they are from the heart and like he’s genuinely scorned whereas Perk is the exact opposite. He sounds like the run of the mill Low IQ fan at home which is why he comes off as likeable and he’s not considered scorned or a hater for his hot takes. Delivery is everything.

The podcast started cool because itd just be him recalling old stories about the league with ex players. Once he ran out of good guests and switched to hot takes it was over. Once he said Zion has to be a shooting guard to succeed I jumped ship

I watched the full clip earlier and Gil was speaking from the POV of a NBA exec in trying to sell Jokic to casual America. He gave him his props (although he weirdly thought Jokic was on the back 9 of his career?).

Edit:

I don’t think it’s a hard sell - a guy who doesn’t look or play like any previous superstar ever is cooking the league nightly and winning. And is always team 1st and humble. Should be easy to promote (aside from the xenophobic instincts of many ‘Mericans).

Gil must forgot that the NBA is a GLOBAL sport. Casual or no casual, Jokic is doing his thing and generating revenue. Europeans are going to ride or die with him.

Look how garbage a guy like Ben Simmons is. Never in the headlines for anything performance related. Always in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Jokic just wants to hoop. I bet Kyrie would trade it all to fly under the radar like Jokic. Give me a guy like Jokic who puts the work in and actually makes himself available and doesn’t play on peoples intelligence and lie about his mental issues (Ben Simmons).

Ben Simmons quit on his team a number of times, while a guy like Jokic, built like John Candy is out there giving dudes the business on a nightly basis and not tucking his tail

Last edited:
Phoenix about to be trash once again, they really moving Doc ahead of the interview process with Nick Nurse. Did they just see his trash resume time and time again. Boston, Clippers, Magic, and Philly.

the disrespect that these two media clowns have been spewing as if Jokic and the Nuggets are undeserving of getting to the NBA Finals because so and so are not 100%. give the Nuggets their due. they are the way better team and have the best player in the league. the hypothetical b.s. is not even a real discussion. it is apparent that they are saying that the Lakers "can" beat the Nuggets but made the notion and conviction that the Lakers "will" beat the Nuggets.

Last edited:
This **** ain't rocket science, people don't like watching Jokic's game. He has no personality and his game is boring. We been here before. When the Pistons beat the Lakers in 04 all the talk was about Shaq and Kobe beef'n. When the Spurs won their rings the ratings was bad and they got zero talk in those off-seasons.

It's pointless to complain about it cuz you not gonna change people's opinions and what people want to see. If y'all want Jokic and nuggets built up, build him up yourselves.

the disrespect that these two media clowns have been spewing as if Jokic and the Nuggets are undeserving of getting to the NBA Finals because so and so are not 100%. give the Nuggets their due. they are the way better team and have the best player in the league. the hypothetical b.s. is not even a real discussion. it is apparent that they are saying that the Lakes "can" beat the Nuggets but made the notion and conviction that the Lakers "will" beat the Nuggets.

Skip is not a cool individual and we need to remember he attacked Bronny (a kid by the way) and the NFL for stopping a game when Damar Hamlin almost died. He’s a joke, a culture appropriator and I believe he is a bigot that Shannon covers for. I’m disappointed in Shannon because he is beloved in Denver and was all in on the Nuggets pre his Lebron situation.

Dont tell me you talking about them dudes hunting. Cmon man. Youre justing being incredibly dense.

Ja was out with his nipples out in the skripper toting dat iron and in the whip while vibing with the homies. Cmon man. :lol: Thats not someone anyone wants to associate themselves with.
Your so consumed with your internet persona its ridiculous

You need to learn to stay in your lane
The strip club didn’t have a problem with what he was doing so why do you?

Going to strip clubs and “toting dat iron” is commonplace amongst people Ja’s age that look like him

I bet you lock your car doors if you see a black man walking towards your car dont you :smh:

Back
Top Bottom