The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

And we’re back to the same discussion every time Boston has gotten eliminated with these two.

Can you win with two high usage guys, 1 average to above average as a passer & the other 1 a black hole.

I’ve always wanted Boston to keep them together & let them (particularly Jaylen) continue to develop, but we’ll be revisiting this one all summer :lol:
They got to the finals a year ago and were one win away from getting back with their best player getting hurt on the first possession of the game.

The fit might not be the greatest, but you don’t change it unless you truly feel like you’re getting an upgrade.

They are 2 guys ABOUT TO ENTER their primes.

Sadly one of Brown or Tatum have to take a step back to let the other shine or leave. This is almost like watching Lebron and Wade with the Heat in year 1. The your turn, my turn offense is very difficult when both guys are high usage guys that need the ball.

Dawg...they screwed twin out the trophy. Ain't no ******* way. Jimmy was mid af for 3.5 games. Twin delivered for 7 games straight.

Let me clarify

So when a player gets hurt. He’s usually out for an approximate time. When they time approaches, they don’t go from sitting down on the bench for full game speed right away. They do 1 on 1…2 on 2 etc. he’s ramping up. Needs another week or so of ramping up.

They project he’ll be ready by game 3.

The problem is Jaylen will want a supermax and he’ll leave if he doesn’t get it, so you have to trade him

They got to the finals a year ago and were one win away from getting back with their best player getting hurt on the first possession of the game.

The fit might not be the greatest, but you don’t change it unless you truly feel like you’re getting an upgrade.

They are 2 guys ABOUT TO ENTER their primes.

Is Brown going to officially declare to the FO that he's out?

Been knew what was gonna happen since like Friday. Shout out to Cam'ron for supporting me. But...they hit me with the in-and-out to Shamgod by not giving the MVP to Twin

Screenshot_20230529_234304_Chrome.jpg

these super max deals keep going up and seem to be outgrowing the rate of teams’ salary caps. $60 mill/year is almost half the team’s cap for next year.

the nba should definitely pay the players who bring in the ratings.. but at the same time, raise the floor everyone, not just the ceiling for max players

Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo had a great segment about this very topic. The new CBA with its second, extremely punitive luxury apron is going to squeeze out the middle class of the league. Teams like Boston are going to have their two max players and will have trouble keeping all of their quality role players.
A team like Denver will have their two max guys in Jokic and Murray, they might have money for Gordon and MPJ but there's no way they could afford to have KPC or Bruce Brown.

The days of "how the heck is this random role player making $20M a year?" are going to be over.

I totally understand why the owners (especially the cheap, non-spending owners) would want to do this but The players union seems to have dropped the ball on this one. The second luxury apron is going to screw over the 90% of the league who isn't making max or near max money.

With the second luxury apron being so punitive, I think successful NBA teams will have to operate more like NFL teams in that they will need to get more production out of their draft picks who are on their first contract.

Last edited:
Is Ime saving Tatum’s ankle? Getting Brogdon to be ok?

If he has those powers I’ll most certainly give it to him.

Horny Ime not gonna stop the Jays from going full goofy like they're prone to do.

Brogdon getting hurt and Tatum rolling his ankle off the rip only exacerbated the situation.

ESPN would never allow it but TNT should do a post game after every finals game :smh:

NBATV does basically a modified version of Inside after Finals games. Chuck usually sticks around for the first few games, Shaq sometimes does the whole series. Ernie and Kenny go straight to vacation mode.

NBATV does basically a modified version of Inside after Finals games. Chuck usually sticks around for the first few games, Shaq sometimes does the whole series. Ernie and Kenny go straight to vacation mode.
Isn't vice versa with Chuck and Kenny?

I feel like Kenny is usually there for some games

any drop off from the undrafteds, and the nuggs will probably make quick work especially if bam and butler play awful. got to play better than they did. in my opinion, nuggs faced a better defense in the lakers than what the heat will bring.

Back
Top Bottom