The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Market size was always a cop out imo... competent ownership/management and drafting has nothing to do with location.

I know folks don't like Jay Williams but he actually reiterated a point that gets missed sometimes...not every owner is trying to go all out to win a championship. You can spend under the cap, run the team incompetently and still turn a profit annually while also watching your team value (and net worth) increase with the popularity of the league across the globe.

Sure it sucks as a fan but that is the true "business" aspect of sports that sometimes gets lost when people get upset with ownership/management. The stakes for fans and owners/the FO aren't the same so naturally their viewpoints about what moves to make are sometimes misaligned.

I know folks don't like Jay Williams but he actually reiterated a point that gets missed sometimes...not every owner is trying to go all out to win a championship. You can spend under the cap, run the team incompetently and still turn a profit annually while also watching your team value (and net worth) increase with the popularity of the league across the globe.

Sure it sucks as a fan but that is the true "business" aspect of sports that sometimes gets lost when people get upset with ownership/management. The stakes for fans and owners/the FO aren't the same so naturally their viewpoints about what moves to make are sometimes misaligned.
Gotta increase those multiples and IRRs :emoji_expressionless:. Sports really have become entrenched in the capitalist machine. Nothing is safe anymore.

Gotta increase those multiples and IRRs :emoji_expressionless:. Sports really have become entrenched in the capitalist machine. Nothing is safe anymore.

It's kind of sad tbh. I feel like the offseason discussions we are about to embroiled in for the next few months are just as much about business as they are about basketball especially as teams maneuver around this CBA. We can kind of already see it with the Pelicans BI for #3 + filler talks. You only do that because you're ducking aprons and you don't have full faith in Zion moving forward.

It's kind of sad tbh. I feel like the offseason discussions we are about to embroiled in for the next few months are just as much about business as they are about basketball especially as teams maneuver around this CBA. We can kind of already see it with the Pelicans BI for #3 + filler talks. You only do that because you're ducking aprons and you don't have full faith in Zion moving forward.
Lowkey the league is forcing parity because of the money. But whatever, I am still gonna watch the games. Nothing we can do about it.

Nick wright and perk still need to be humbled. Lame they went to the lengths to discredit joker for some engagement.

Jokic better than me. He needs some brothas on his staff cause I would have had the cvs receipts ready.

I dont get the whole CBA thing (literally dont understand), in a nutshell whats the big fuss about? Bigger taxes/penalties for teams over the cap?

Back
Top Bottom