The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

The Suns were the Nuggets hardest series

Games 5 and of course 6 make it seem like they ran them off the court but the Suns hadn't gone ice cold in the 4th quarter of game 2 they could have been up 3-1. And two of the Suns starters went down toward the end of the series. For an already thin team, what was death.

The Nuggets were the better team, but they caught some breaks in that series.

And they didn't frolic with their beef once they had the upper hand later in the series.

Knicks Nation…they were talmbout Beal to NYK this morning. Y’all with it?

Also, amitt5504 amitt5504 ‘s FVV to Philly suggestion was mentioned too which shocking.

Four teams in the Top 10 might be moving picks too.

The draft/FA period is going to be f’ery this summer

Yea I don’t think that’s enough for Dame or Kyrie.

Mavs and Portland fans would be sick :lol:

Mavs want no parts of those assets because they want to win now :lol:

If you are Portland and looking at a rebuild then it’s honestly worth considering doing it for the expiring + Duncan + draft capital and just starting over with a your current youngins, the #3 pick, a clean cap and multiple FRPs for the future.

Plus if you’re the GM that move buys you 3-5 years because you can point to the rebuild for your lack of success.

If you are Portland and looking at a rebuild then it’s honestly worth considering doing it for the expiring + Duncan + draft capital and just starting over with a your current youngins, the #3 pick, a clean cap and multiple FRPs for the future.

Plus if you’re the GM that move buys you 3-5 years because you can point to the rebuild for your lack of success.

Na I’m good with those players if I’m the Blazers.

Just give me all your picks for the next 10 years.

TF I want Tyler Herro or Duncan for? I have to rebuild now

I know folks don't like Jay Williams but he actually reiterated a point that gets missed sometimes...not every owner is trying to go all out to win a championship. You can spend under the cap, run the team incompetently and still turn a profit annually while also watching your team value (and net worth) increase with the popularity of the league across the globe.

Sure it sucks as a fan but that is the true "business" aspect of sports that sometimes gets lost when people get upset with ownership/management. The stakes for fans and owners/the FO aren't the same so naturally their viewpoints about what moves to make are sometimes misaligned.
Aka the Washington Wizards and Orlando Magic :smh:

Why does Skip Bayless of all people need to connect Wayne with Ja? :lol:

I get they suppose to be cool, but that's an automatic "no" if its coming from Skip.

sidenote: The "additional information" was closely related to the altercation between Ja/the HS basketball player. Apparently, the HS player's family is trying to extort money from Ja. Not sure how deep it goes.

I didn’t say take back Herro, take the Lowry expiring for the same amount. Not ENTIRELY sure how things will shake out with the the middle class in the immediate future with the new CBA but that Duncan contract could be moveable in the future as well since it’s only $19MM. Salaries would match for this season then instead of paying Dame $48MM next offseason you’d just be liable for Duncan’s $19MM due to losing Lowry. Bigly savings.

I am essentially saying that if the Wizards and Blazers want to truly build they are ****** in terms of options due to their All-NBA Super Maxs. They are going to have suck it up if they want those contracts off the books so they can start over.

Goes back to what I said earlier - sucks as a fan of those teams but the changing dynamics of the business made it this way |l

I know folks don't like Jay Williams but he actually reiterated a point that gets missed sometimes...not every owner is trying to go all out to win a championship. You can spend under the cap, run the team incompetently and still turn a profit annually while also watching your team value (and net worth) increase with the popularity of the league across the globe.

Sure it sucks as a fan but that is the true "business" aspect of sports that sometimes gets lost when people get upset with ownership/management. The stakes for fans and owners/the FO aren't the same so naturally their viewpoints about what moves to make are sometimes misaligned.

And these the same owners crying about Lacob and Balmer spending and willing paying the luxury tax to try and field a competitive, championship caliber team.

Now we have this super restrictive CBA about to kick off.

Bradley Beal is a thief on that contract and doesn’t fit the timeline in NY all that well.

Knicks don’t need much backcourt help at this time. Not enough minutes to go around as is.

And these the same owners crying about Lacob and Balmer spending and willing paying the luxury tax to try and field a competitive, championship caliber team.

Yup. It is basically the rest of the owners forcing parity on the entire league. Look at the got damb penalties for being WILLING to spend money and go above the second apron
IMG_1058.png

They really are taxing the rich :lol: :smh: But if this really does spell “the death of the middle class” in NBA contracts then adding two teams makes a whole lot more sense now to spread out the talent even further and giving more players a chance at larger paydays

27FE5CCA-F8D2-4E64-BE35-4346F842F9C0.jpeg

Congratulations to the Denver Thuggets for finally bringing home the ‘chip.

🐐 didn’t get a long & fair shake from the club but it was under that buffoon George Karl so 🤷

This is how they roll. They setup rules after the Decision and they have the rules now. Some NBA owners share more in common with the Oakland As owner than Balmer.

Congrats to the nuggets easily the only consistent team in the playoffs aside from the nets.

It’s crazy how these guys celebrate all night rocking the same clothes still. I cant fully be comfortable in my sweaty *** clothes , grealish didn’t change till the next day. **** was gross had sweat , champagne and turf all over him

Narratives in the NBA are hilarious.

About 6 months ago, Zach Lowe was talking about how bad of a signing Deandre Jordan was for Denver. Now, he has an article out about how Jordan, Green and Ish were spirit leaders for the team. :lol:
DJ / green top team vibes guys

They did the same thing in 2011 with the lockout and CBA. Picks were supposed to be valued then and they were for awhile. But I feel like around 2018-2020, the levees broke and drafts picks have been sent out like candy. The harsher tax, different TMLE/NTMLE, BAE, sign and trade restrictions.

Players gonna keep getting squeezed.

I seriously have no idea what valuable assets Miami even has. But I guess there is no harm in trying to trade for Dame or Kyrie.

They’ve been in a tough spot for a while.

This miracle run changed nothing.

I seriously have no idea how they can even get anything done. Much less go after Dame or Kyrie.

A tough spot, how so? Miracle run?

Since Jimmy Butler joined the C U L T U R E…
4 Playoff Appearances
3 Eastern Conference Finals Appearances
2 NBA Finals Appearances

All jokes aside, if your NY Knicks have had a run like this, what would your outlook be?

Every year since the Heatles have broken up, y’all have had the same commentary about them needing to blow everything up. I don’t see how they’re going to figure this out. They’re never going to be relevant again. Yet every season Pat Riley and company figure it out.

I fully expect the Godfather go all in and try to get himself a big whale this offseason.

Teams like Miami can always go all in and trade future assets and still be decent. BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE loved that miami pick the clippers always gloated about .

They won’t ever be bad for a long time. Best coach in the league and great scouting will help you so much in the margins. They are also an elite FA destination . Might as well push forward and hope a second star lightens jimmy’s load and keeps him fresh.

The Dame situation is interesting because if you’re choosing to trade him, you are admittedly rebuilding, but the teams with the high picks/young players that you want aren’t going to be willing to move them because they’re already rebuilding themselves.

It’s going to be a playoff team that only has a few middling picks and a good, not great youngish piece.

The Herro package or something like that is what it’s going to end up being.

Back
Top Bottom