The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Don’t really think the Herro contract is all that bad. Especially if you’re adding him to other young talent that you don’t have to pay yet.

Gotta spend money somewhere.
You and pmatic pmatic bring up a good point with the salary floor. So their outlook would be this but swap Beal's contract with Herro (through 26-27) nd Duncan Robinson (through 25-26)...I guess it could work. I would gun for at least two FRP's, though.
1686765129894.png

You and pmatic pmatic bring up a good point with the salary floor. So their outlook would be this but swap Beal's contract with Herro (through 26-27) nd Duncan Robinson (through 25-26)...I guess it could work. I would gun for at least two FRP's, though.
1686765129894.png
That deal is a no brainer if I’m Washington. Herro can already be an approximation of what Beal is, but he’s only 23, has room for growth, and makes almost half the money.

I 100% agree which is my concern because you probably have him for 3 years minimum, if not the full 4. Winger would need Rafael Stone level of job protection if he's doing that.
I’m sure he’s being given full autonomy and time for this rebuild. Not like this owner has a history of pulling the plug quickly anyways.

Beal to Philly?

I don’t like Beal to Miami because it has too much chance for success.

Dame too for that matter but l figured he’s more likely to get injured these days on the back 9.

That deal is a no brainer if I’m Washington. Herro can already be an approximation of what Beal is, but he’s only 23, has room for growth, and makes almost half the money.

For sure - I mentioned yesterday that Herro/Duncan at a stable number is way better than Beal with consider salary increases because both those contracts could be moved in the future if necessary. I guess four years is probably how long it would take if you are going to build through the draft anyway.

When talking about Beal's value being lower, does this mean not giving up a core piece? Mainly picks, matching salary and a young player on a rookie deal?

If so, bring the St. Louis native to the M. Put him in a role where he doesn't have to be a top scorer and watch him thrive. :lol:

Not the ideal fit, but elite teams can be make it work. Still would favor guys like Siakam, OG, Cam, Kuz, Bridges, etc from a fit perspective first, though. Less risky move as well.

When talking about Beal's value being lower, does this mean not giving up a core piece? Mainly picks, matching salary and a young player on a rookie deal?

If so, bring the St. Louis native to the M. Put him in a role where he doesn't have to be a top scorer and watch him thrive. :lol:

Not the ideal fit, but elite teams can be make it work. Still would favor guys like Siakam, OG, Cam, Kuz, Bridges, etc from a fit perspective first, though. Less risky move as well.
With JJJ, Ja and Bane on big deals, why would you even want that?

With JJJ, Ja and Bane on big deals, why would you even want that?

Bane's extension would not kick in until 24-25 when Beal has 3 years remaining (assuming he picks up the PO).

Jaren's deal ends during Beal's final season, which you can extend Jaren. Ja locked in until 27-28 and Beal would expire in 26-27. Thankfully, we were able to lock Jaren on a hell of a deal and Ja help save the Grizz about $35m. Not saying its my favorite play, but Grizz can leverage the money especially with several other young pieces still on rookie deals.

I also would not be shocked to see Grizz use their assets to make a big trade up in the draft.

You can see hints of Jokic's horse-riding in his game too. His leg and core strength are probably in the top 1% in the league. There's a reason nobody has been able to consistently back him down in the post or box him out.
:lol: I was dead before finishing the first sentence.

Back
Top Bottom