The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Minnesota would be OVER THE MOON if their guys got a CF out of this and guys were making All NBA.

If Kawhi's knee is truly cooked, and we only get 1 CF out of it than yes that would be bad.

But it all feels quite premature. He's played 2 seasons for LAC -- 2 :lol:
And I think that SOME people are assuming that, if Kawhi is cooked, the Clippers will revert to perennially sucking. But THEY thought the same thing after CP3 left and it didn’t happen.

This is just...

Man of course it's an overpay when you trade that much draft equity and player for ANY player.

But every team would have overpaid to get those guys together in that summer so what are we saying?
Who else was pursuing PG that year? I don't remember any buzz around that at all. They bid against themselves. You're bringing up hypotheticals but no other team was offering close to that much in reality. It wouldn't have been an overpay if they won multiple championships like some were expecting. But that hasn't materialized

Mike should go to his block in West Chicago and shoot a response

lmfao Laughed aloud fr :lol: MJ pullin up out west like

yep.gif

Who else was pursuing PG that year? I don't remember any buzz around that at all. They bid against themselves.

Brother no one knew he was even on the market. That's why no one was pursuing him :lol: that's why there was no buzz around it.

Do you not remember how it went down? Every team in the league would have given up that kind of draft capital for Paul George + Kawhi.

Brother no one knew he was even on the market. That's why no one was pursuing him :lol: that's why there was no buzz around it.

Do you not remember how it went down? Every team in the league would have given up that kind of draft capital for Paul George + Kawhi.
No one was pursuing him..that's the point :lol:. So saying every team would have done that is baseless. Again, they bid against themselves

dam everyone trying to keep their job and siding with the NBPA crazy
? Explain

If they were only concerned with keeping their job then going against kyrie- vehemently- would be the move. Not defending kyrie

And I think that SOME people are assuming that, if Kawhi is cooked, the Clippers will revert to perennially sucking. But THEY thought the same thing after CP3 left and it didn’t happen.

They will never suck again. They may be mediocre, and maybe bottom out in some random year in the future, but their owner is too rich and their locale is too great. They won't 'suck' though.

This is all just premature though. He's played two seasons with LAC, one of which got cut short. This season is 10 games old.

They will never suck again. They may be mediocre, and maybe bottom out in some random year in the future, but their owner is too rich and their locale is too great. They won't 'suck' though.

This is all just premature though. He's played two seasons with LAC, one of which got cut short. This season is 10 games old.
And Glenn was still the coach in year 1, so there's that....

P C H P C H For clarity I think there needs to be an asterisk next to the two in Kawhi playing only two seasons because a critical part of the story is that he played two seasons and missed the entirety of the third due to an injury in the prior year's playoffs. Just my two* cents.

As for the 10 games, yeah who knows what is even going to happen by April. I am just accustomed to including all facts/data points up to the current date for accuracy :lol: At this point none of us can tell what is going to happen with a lot of team's situations other than a handful of teams so we just have to sit back and enjoy the season8)

To be fair, Paul and Kawhi had their bad moments in the bubble, but the 76ers collapsing the very next year the Clippers making the CF the very next year kind of speaks volumes
Truthfully, even if the Nuggests choke didn't happen, we probably lose to the Lakers in the next round anyway. Squad was too heavily dependent on PatBev, LouWill and Trezz. Reggie was stil figuring things out and Zu wasn't as good as he is now.

Blowing the Nuggets series was still inexcusable though.

All that bread wasted fooling with the Nigerian Scam and not a post move made in an NBA game, not even once. SMH

How much did Hakeem charge for those? Was it just like a couple hours a day for a week? The range $50-60K stick out in my mind for some reason

To be fair, Paul and Kawhi had their bad moments in the bubble, but the 76ers collapsing the very next year the Clippers making the CF the very next year kind of speaks volumes
You saying this like Benjamin Simmons wasn’t a factor

A couple of you who are really good at it should get a game of 2K going so VVG has something to watch.
I've been off of work, I quit my job and don't work my new one until next week... I've caught up on everything at this point in different sports too lmao

From the wildin thread, I went down a weird *** rabbit hole regarding incels

Pretty disturbing stuff :smh:

Back
Top Bottom