The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Steph's defense is well below average this season. He's focused on the offensive side but it's not leading to a winning record. There's a word to describe that style of play

LeBroning?

Exactly. THEY won't call it both ways tho

Are you taking specifically about current day Bron? In the past 19 season he has had only three seasons with a losing record, one of which was his rookie year and two were with the Lakers. The thing about Bron's losing season and Steph's losing season is that the personnel around them is suspect. Even if they were average or above average, it wouldn't be enough to make up for the team's core deficiencies IMO.

Are you taking specifically about current day Bron? In the past 19 season he has had only three seasons with a losing record, one of which was his rookie year and two were with the Lakers. The thing about Bron's losing season and Steph's losing season is that the personnel around them is suspect. Even if they were average or above average, it wouldn't be enough to make up for the team's core deficiencies IMO.
I'm just reading from the same script as THEM. When Bron was chasing the scoring title it was a problem. When Step does it..it's cool. Where's the truth? 🤔

Man. Didn’t appreciate the PG trade haul til now

If you factor how SGA in theory can land you 4 first rounders 2 swaps and young players. Add that in and yikes.

But at least it made the clippers relevant and got them Kwahi too so I get it.

Man. Didn’t appreciate the PG trade haul til now

If you factor how SGA in theory can land you 4 first rounders 2 swaps and young players. Add that in and yikes.

But at least it made the clippers relevant and got them Kwahi too so I get it.

SGA is a beast and that is a lot of draft capital but I would say Kawhi is as much to blame to for their lack of "success" as PG13 but ragging on Playoff P is just the cool thing to do.

Funny how the Kawhi/PG Clippers experiment has been relatively as unsuccessful the KD/Qyrie Nets just without the drama but folks don't want to talk about that, though.

Like...KD/Qai and PG/KLaw were hyped up like they were going to be the next Cavs vs. Dubs finals series on repeat meanwhile Bron, Yanni and Steph have all won while titles/FMVPs since then and the Nets and Clips only have a single WCF appearance between them combined :sick: :smh:

Last edited:
Yea the PG trade haul by itself is crazy but it wasn't made in a vacuum :lol:

Eith context it was made as a sort of packaged deal for Kawhi to join them so it wasn't simple as that massive haul for only PG

Yea the PG trade haul by itself is crazy but it wasn't made in a vacuum :lol:

Eith context it was made as a sort of packaged deal for Kawhi to join them so it wasn't simple as that massive haul for only PG
Doesn't that make it worse? Kawhi missed over half the team's games

SGA is a beast and that is a lot of draft capital but I would say Kawhi is as much to blame to for their lack of "success" as PG13 but ragging on Playoff P is just the cool thing to do.

Funny how the Kawhi/PG Clippers experiment has been relatively as unsuccessful the KD/Qyrie Nets just without the drama but folks don't want to talk about that, though.

Like...KD/Qai and PG/KLaw were hyped up like they were going to be the next Cavs vs. Dubs finals series on repeat meanwhile Bron, Yanni and Steph have all won while titles/FMVPs since then and the Nets and Clips only have a single WCF appearance between them combined :sick: :smh:
They’ve absolutely been a failure too but nothing is worse than you calling all of the shots & then getting swept in the first round :lol:

That’s the single biggest catalyst behind all this turmoil. Tsai/Marks gave those 2 the organization, after the sweep they want it back.

I dont think it's a holding your breath situation to strike gold on a prospect. It's just the fact those are the only tradeable picks they have and Bron and AD are most likely gone by then when those picks hit so based off that it's simply a valuable asset

Any trade is a marginal upgrade for what?

The fact they haven't gave up the picks yet is indicating they accepted this season was a punt tbh

i hear you. pacers are in an interesting spot. they’ve got a legit, young backcourt in haliburton and mathurin. they could be entering their prime in 4-5 years, so it makes sense to try and have draft capital in ‘23 and ‘24 to have a young core develop together rather than being on different timelines.

but like you said, trading myles doesn’t have to happen exclusively with the lakers

That's 100% down to the nonstop circus over in BK.

Plus PG and Kawhi don't put themselves out there in the headlines half as much so folks can only really judge them on what they see on the court and unfortunately we've gotten a tiny sample size of them actually playing together. Outside of the off-court perks, they haven't had their fingerprints all over the franchise decision making either.

Them not receiving the same type of coverage or heat is understandable given those factors. Plus the Clips are still the Clips even with 2 stars, the basketball media ecosystem would much rather hyper focus on poor Lakers squads than anything good or bad that the Clips have going on.

3 years on and it's looking like the only winners from Kawhi to the Clips have been Uncle Dennis and Sam Presti. Looks less and less that it was a basketball decision too rather than a homecoming gig to ride out the rest of his playing days. They gladly turned down the best basketball decision for them at the time in favor of what they've got now with Kawhi being a part time employee with exec privileges and getting to be at home.

Doesn't that make it worse? Kawhi missed over half the team's games
Sure in hindsight but at the time you could definitely understand the gamble they took with Kawhi being one of the highest profile FA's in recent memory coming off an All-Time playoff run.

They also didn't want to see him end up in the other locker room next door when they had a good shot so that played a part too

Meanwhile the world was down on the lakers (I recall vividly lakers at Denver. Espn. Maybe january ish, JVG being asked “so what can the lakers do to help contenders from here…” while having the number 1 record and on a ridiculous 15+ road winning streak against the west) and they won a title. But Rob had to rob and **** us since

Back
Top Bottom