The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

To be fair - Daryl Morey is a liar AND a fraud.

So I applaud Jim for holding back.
Thank you. People getting blinded by the harden hate. I wouldn’t give harden the max, so that part is fine even though morey still got over on that end. Harden only opted in to work on the trade and now morey holding him hostage. That’s grime no matter how you slice it.

Thank you. People getting blinded by the harden hate. I wouldn’t give harden the max, so that part is fine even though morey still got over on that end. Harden only opted in to work on the trade and now morey holding him hostage. That’s grime no matter how you slice it.
Jim my guy. He literally could’ve just opted out

He tryna have his slice of cake and eat Moreys too

Sure we can Morey a liar. He did try to facilitate a trade, Clippers weren’t giving a real offer (Mann). But to say Morey is holding him hostage is BS. Jim could’ve freed himself

The same Morey's who's bended over backwards to accomodate dude his whole career?

Not gonna fault him if he's finally acting in the best interest of his franchise rather than whatever personal relationship he had with Harden :lol:

Dude has proven time and time again he couldn't care less about his teams, why continue to do someone like that favors?

He also literally could've saved himself by opting out just a few weeks back and he chose not to :lol:,probably realized no one else in the league is gonna entertain his nonsense at this stage the way Philly would.

Got zero sympathy for him after the way he's moved the last few years and the way he's trying to do Philly when it's a situation entirely of his own doing.

Morey not holding him hostage though fam

im a Harden guy but not as big as some of yall, dont get me wrong but my Sixers come first as a fan - I totally understand why non sixers fans feel different about this situation

Lets look at it from a sixers fan perspective who thinks the team can still compete... WHY in the world would the sixers just take slop back in a trade ? to please a harden *****.. Sixers want pieces that help them not go backwards and that totally acceptable

just generally speaking out loud

He tryna have his slice of cake and eat Moreys too
kevin-hart (4).gif

The same Morey's who's bended over backwards to accomodage dude his whole career?

Not gonna fault him if he's finally acting in the best interest of his franchise rather than whatever personal relationship he had with Harden :lol:

Dude has proven time and time again he couldn't care less about his teams, why continue to do someone like that favors?

He also literally could've saved himself by opting out just a few weeks back and he chose not to :lol:,probably realized no one else in the league is gonna entertain his nonsense at this stage the way Philly would.
do you think morey accommodated harden out of the kindness of his heart or because harden delivered him multiple winning seasons and got him credibility he otherwise would not have without harden? harden has his fair share of playoff failures he has to be accountable for, but peak james harden was a walking 50+ win season and at least a trip to the conference semis no matter who you fielded around him.

I think there’s definitely some teams that would be willing to pay Harden nicely. They just happen to be playoff teams that didn’t have cap space this summer. In order to get to one of those teams, his only option was to opt-in.

With that though, I definitely thought there would’ve been some level of understanding between him and Morey with how they could move him and get something in return instead of him walking this off-season or next for nothing. Apparently not though.

Weird situation.

The same Morey's who's bended over backwards to accomodate dude his whole career?

Got zero sympathy for him after the way he's moved the last few years and the way he's trying to do Philly when it's a situation entirely of his own doing.

Morey smartly is tethering himself to Embiid, he probably knows his fate as a future basketball ops is reliant entirely on retaining Joel going forward. Harden isn't good enough to bend over backwards for anymore.

Babied him all those years in Houston, he was allowed to have zero accountability for all those times he quit now it's normal to him. Never seen anything like this.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE I wondered the same thing about 30 cumulative vs consecutive days. Being able to sit out 29, come back for a day or two then go back to sitting out for another 29 seems like it would be against the spirit of the clause :lol: But without specifics, I don’t know. Let me know if you ever find out.

1. Does he still get paid for the missed time if holds out does and comes back in November? If he does report/come back and is injured then he is hurting his future stock whether the injury is real or not. The narrative will be “We don’t want to pay a guy that is breaking down.”

2. I don’t know exactly what you’re getting at with this one but his value to the Clippers (whether he plays or not) will depend on how the Clippers as currently constructed perform and more importantly their health. They could (and should) very well be fine without him IMO. Tying this back to #1, if they do experience injuries and turns out they could use Harden, if he is/fakes injured then they will be less inclined to give up a lot for him. He would be better off demonstrating he is worth something to make it worth Philly’s while.

3. If 77 OVR in NBA 2K24 Terrence Mann is a dealbreaker then that is on the Clippers being cheap and not Morey dealing in bad faith :lol:

Look, we can talk bad about things Morey has done both in Houston and Philly but he didn’t make Harden take a pay cut last summer nor did he make him opt in. If you go all the way back to how he forced his way out of Houston, Harden has made a series of questionable decisions that has landed him where he is today. Based on what we know, I don’t think he has any leverage in this situation. When holding out isn’t even in play then you are really done for :lol:

Just learned this was all done at the hands of his new agent/agency (former Adidas exec) that he hired in February 2023 :lol: :smh:
We shall see what happens, I think Morey is screwed, James gonna get his money regardless you disagree and that's ok

Back
Top Bottom